So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

9 minutes ago, craggy_steve said:

Your Prime Minister? Maybe. Not mine, I live in the Isle of Man ;P  

Instead we have HQ to put up with :(

By choice we live in both places.

So we get so much more open territory to complain in.

One week it's totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson and the next week it's PE, PSM and Rushen squabbling over shared amenities.

Life's a blast!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, craggy_steve said:

Ah well, can't help you there!  Caring about the UK and its politics is probably detrimental to one's health, that place has been a f*** up for decades.

As compared too - where exactly?

3 minutes ago, quilp said:

Bump, tonight's the night...

Andrew Neil.

Who used to write for The Daily Wail.

Ah well, at least his nonsense will appeal to the hard of thinking.

The Daily Wail, could British so-called "journalism" sink any lower...?

Somehow I doubt it......

7 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

The grandson of Winston Churchill was one of the 21 tory MPs to vote against BJ last night.

Can we now stop the references claiming that Churchill would have supported Brexit?

5 hours ago, woolley said:

Why? Does Churchill vote from beyond the grave through his grandson? What a bizarre proposition. 

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

Of course not don't be so silly.

I do believe, however, that his grandson is much more likely to be able to speak for what Churchill's view would have actually been.  Farage, Johnson et al certainly cannot claim to speak on Churchill's behalf and should stop referencing him.

Silly? Well you started it by suggesting that because Soames votes a certain way it is somehow indicative of how Churchill would vote and what he would think. Nobody can be sure that they speak on Churchill's behalf any more than they can tell how Soames would have conducted WW2. It's all pointless rhetoric. I believe Churchill would be appalled by the reach of the EU today, but I can't be sure and neither can anyone who believes the opposite. I don't even know that having Churchill in your corner, or Thatcher, or Sir Francis Drake would validate an opinion particularly.

5 minutes ago, woolley said:

Silly? Well you started it by suggesting that because Soames votes a certain way it is somehow indicative of how Churchill would vote and what he would think. Nobody can be sure that they speak on Churchill's behalf any more than they can tell how Soames would have conducted WW2. It's all pointless rhetoric. I believe Churchill would be appalled by the reach of the EU today, but I can't be sure and neither can anyone who believes the opposite. I don't even know that having Churchill in your corner, or Thatcher, or Sir Francis Drake would validate an opinion particularly.

Zźzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

What a shit sandwich.

Our Prime Minister:

Johnson was also even more dishonest then usual. Corbyn said that Michael Gove told Andrew Marr that food prices would go up in the event of a no-deal Brexit. Johnson claimed Gove said no such thing. But here is the quote. Asked if food prices would go up, Gove said:

Some prices may go up. Other prices will come down.

FFS!

can't you tell the difference........

Edited by woody2
  • Haha 2