So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

No, I dont think it has anything to do with corbyn woody. It was sajid javid. 

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

You should know by now that Woody2 and facts don't really mix.

46 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Oh I knew he wasn't going to concede any point, was just wondering how he'd try to get out of it. For future reference mainly.

misuse of the word "austerity" was started by chairman corbyn.......

7 minutes ago, prism10 said:

The same can be said of Sajid Javid.

Where did he find his magic money tree?

money saved over the last 3 years.......

labour want to spend a trillion on the first day.........

4 hours ago, P.K. said:

It's not difficult to imagine that everyone that you know does. After all, the island is very right wing. You only need to see the piles and piles of Daily Wails that are delivered to island newsagents every day to realise that.

This is funny and stupid all at the same time: "You can be driving a car and have satellite tv and all manner of modern conveniences and still be classed as in poverty "

What a sick joke and a slap in the face to all those who are genuinely struggling.

Fortunately "no deal" is probably off of the menu as the NW would have raken something like a 15% hit. That's a lot of folks out of work.

Well you're having a moan but you haven't countered anything I wrote there. I said that there are a few people in absolute poverty, but in the UK this is very few indeed. Those that are in relative poverty are only in poverty compared with the average wage. It is perfectly possible to live a good life on an income that would be regarded as poverty by the broad brush statistics. Bazza is always telling us how comfy he is on his pension and bennies. Much better off than he would be here, I seem to recall were his words.

I think they've all just gone nuts. They think they are in a bloody circus and it's gone to their heads.

Johnson has overplayed his hand massively and is coming across totally boorish and heavy-handed. That will play just as badly with voters as May's lack of warmth did. He has allowed the remain rebels and the opposition to portray him as riding roughshod over Parliamentary convention, when in fact they have been engaged in all sorts of irregular and dubious chicanery against the executive with the connivance of the Speaker for months and years to thwart the referendum result.

Having done that, it is now suggested that there is a row within the Labour leadership between those who want an election called as soon as the anti-no deal legislation receives Royal Assent and others, including Starmer, who want to humiliate Johnson by sending him to Brussels on November 1st to ask for an extension to Article 50. That will play badly with the public too. It just looks like spite, quite apart from the fact that he won't do it in any case.

Another hung parliament? Another referendum? More stalemate?

25 minutes ago, woolley said:

Well you're having a moan but you haven't countered anything I wrote there. I said that there are a few people in absolute poverty, but in the UK this is very few indeed. Those that are in relative poverty are only in poverty compared with the average wage. It is perfectly possible to live a good life on an income that would be regarded as poverty by the broad brush statistics. Bazza is always telling us how comfy he is on his pension and bennies. Much better off than he would be here, I seem to recall were his words.

Why would I have to "counter" anything you have posted?

You put forward a load of nonsense about "poverty" clearly without knowing the reality. " Broad brush" statistics indeed. Like your utopian view of brexit you're talking nonsense. Not just nonsense but insulting nonsense.

In the real world real people have to make choices that are the lesser of evils.

So I advise you to stfu until you experience what you're talking about.....

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Why would I have to "counter" anything you have posted?

You put forward a load of nonsense about "poverty" clearly without knowing the reality. " Broad brush" statistics indeed. Like your utopian view of brexit you're talking nonsense. Not just nonsense but insulting nonsense.

In the real world real people have to make choices that are the lesser of evils.

So I advise you to stfu until you experience what you're talking about.....

Because you had a moan about it but didn't offer anything in the way of new information that countered what I said. Just the usual bile. Nothing I said in either of those posts is controversial. Absolute and relative poverty are very different things.

I have indeed experienced that of which I speak, having grown up in the poorest of poor areas, so I know exactly what I am talking about. You, on the other hand, sound like you read about it in the Guardian.

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

So according to the reports I have seen this morning the House of Lords has backed the "rebel" no deal bill.

There was a deal in the early hours. The rationale for talking it out had disappeared because not passing the bill gave the opposition a figleaf for voting down the motion calling for an election on the pretext that they didn't believe Johnson about the date of the polling.

• Thanks 1