So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

So far, I am loving Brexit. Look at the exchange rate! Up two cents in two days. As I said way earlier, the reason that Carney halved the interest rate last year was to stop it rocketing. I am not saying it will be up and up, but watch this space!

• Like 2

So Spain may veto any UK trade deal with the EU unless they get a say on Gib.

As Gib voted something like 96% to stay in the EU I guess they have a case....

Doesn't say that. Read it again.

Read what again?

The report on Gib. It says that a trade deal would not apply to Gib unless that is agreed between UK and Spain, not that Spain has a veto on the whole deal. Gib is more than accustomed to being supplied from the UK.

From where?

Read what again?

The report on Gib. It says that a trade deal would not apply to Gib unless that is agreed between UK and Spain, not that Spain has a veto on the whole deal. Gib is more than accustomed to being supplied from the UK.
From where?

The media is getting interesting now. Gibraltar voted overwhelmingly to remain and yet Britain may well now be rid of that sack of shit mooching colony of tax dodgers in Spain. One of the great curve balls of Brexit. If the jocks go Britain will consist of England and Wales and virtually nothing else. What a great emerging global power house a bunch of Little Englanders and some angry Boyo's will be!

Maybe they'll do the same with us too? I can't see any fight being had over the crown dependencies and they'll most certainly drop us like a brick the minute our tax dodging credentials cut across any further trade deals they might want to sign with the EU.

Edited by JackCarter
  • Like 1

Read what again?

From where?

What? I'm just telling you what the situation is. You said Spain has a veto on any UK/EU deal. It doesn't. Except in relation to its application to Gib and that is simply the draft starting position. Where does it say otherwise? It won't faze the Llanitos. They are quite used to intimidation from Spain. That's the problem with Spain when it comes to Gib. They have always used threats which makes Gib draw closer to Britain. Maybe if they tried persuasion, a bit of carrot and less stick, they might make more headway.

You're trying a bit too hard now, Jack. Less is more. :w00t:

I'm not trying at all I think it's genuinely hilarious. It's a tax dodging shit hole and Britain is well off without it. By the time all this ends Britain will have relegated itself to a totally insular nation with no global reach at all. Just what they all wanted when they voted for Brexit!

This is great news.

• Like 1

Read what again?

Sorry. But I thought all 27 EU nations had to agree any deal. Isn't that how the Walloons got difficult over the EU - Canada agreement?

I think I had better start reading The Daily Wail to avoid getting any more fake news....

Yes they do have to agree it. But that is nothing new. Can they ever get all 27 to agree about anything? It's all wrapped up in self-interest and Spain have a lot of self-interest in not upsetting the UK. But the only relevance to Gib is in how it applies narrowly to Gib and not how it applies between the EU and the UK.

You said: "So Spain may veto any UK trade deal with the EU unless they get a say on Gib." Which is incorrect. They can only (possibly) veto its application to Gib (maybe).