So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

6 minutes ago, woody2 said:

can we expect wall to wall coverage of these brothers disagreement by the lefty remoan media (which is pretty much all of it)

your bias shows no end.......

What bias? I merely posted the bill so that people can read it for themselves. I made (and make) no comment on its contents. My post was intended to be helpful to the thread.

5 minutes ago, woody2 said:

can we expect wall to wall coverage of these brothers disagreement by the lefty remoan media (which is pretty much all of it)

your bias shows no end.......

Do you really think that the media should afford equal coverage to Corbyn’s brother (mistakenly IMO) stating that the Benn bill gives the EU the power to veto Brexit and BoJo the clown’s brother resigning as both a minister and an MP because he cannot support the disaster policies of his sibling?

6 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

Do you really think that the media should afford equal coverage to Corbyn’s brother (mistakenly IMO) stating that the Benn bill gives the EU the power to veto Brexit and BoJo the clown’s brother resigning as both a minister and an MP because he cannot support the disaster policies of his sibling?

same applies to corbyn..........it's not called the surrender bill for no reason........

labours policy is a joke......

if labour win a ge.........it's to negotiate a better deal with the eu and then campaign against that deal for remain in a referendum........nuts.........

5 minutes ago, woody2 said:

same applies to corbyn..........it's not called the surrender bill for no reason........

labours policy is a joke......

if labour win a ge.........it's to negotiate a better deal with the eu and then campaign against that deal for remain in a referendum........nuts.........

And the reason is that the Cummings/BoJo cabal are desperate to portray Brexit as some kind of desperate fight to liberate us plucky Brits from the evil EU and somehow invoke the spirit of ’39 because they need to appeal to the little xenophobe that lives in all of us because there is no logical defense for exiting without a deal.

Hence the uses of terms like ‘surrender.’

If it’s surrender to not want to end up in a no deal economic ice age than please pass me the white flag.

Sadly I do think that we have got to the stage where there are only two possible outcomes for Brexit; no deal or remain.

I can't see there being any kind of deal that will satisfy a majority.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, woody2 said:

see paris attacks.......they don't even share info with the next towns police nevermind the rest of europe.......

info sharing goes on bilaterally now........its nothing to do with the eu.......

From what I recall that was less a failing in information sharing and more a failure to correctly identify the level of threat of certain individuals and then a failure to correctly monitor them.

If you’re assessing the effectiveness of any organisation based on its failings then our own security services would be found equally wanting.

Either way; one failing cannot be used to damn an entire institution in the face of the many attacks thwarted by good uses and sharing of intelligence; most of which the likes of you and me never find out about.

9 hours ago, quilp said:

I don't subscribe to Premium.

The English language versions of the member states' media do provide an indication of their take on Brexit.

In the interests of everyone's security it just seems insensible to me. No one benefits.

Except those who might do us some harm. 

The Telegraph.....

MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

What's RT got to say?

It could simply be a question of funding. Boris making stupid noises about not paying the Divorce Bill. But I suspect it's more likely to be a divergence of interests.

After all "Leave mens Leave" or whatever the favourite empty slogan is atm.

Basically the UK is now viewed as a basket case country that can't be trusted...

1 hour ago, The Lurker said:

... I say it beggars belief that as a nation the UK would even consider taking action that puts them outside of an intelligence gathering framework that has aided our security effectively for many years.

It has always been mutually beneficial, for many years. The sharing of intelligence has been reciprocal and the French and other EU states will no doubt have benefited from British intel networks. It will be their loss too.

Actually, given the amount of terrorist acts committed on French soil that its 6 different security agencies failed to thwart doesn't provide a good reference for their effectiveness, having lost 275+ and a couple of thousand injured since the beginning of this century alone. 

Maybe it's naive to believe that all nations have a moral and ethical obligation to protect their peoples, regardless of bureaucracy. 

25 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The Telegraph.....

MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

What's RT got to say?

I merely posted an accurate and factual article. Care to point out what makes you want to take the piss in your usual aggressive manner? It would do you good to drag yourself away from that bible of liberal delight you're so fond of and read other media.

25 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Basically the UK is now viewed as a basket case country that can't be trusted...

Who by, the EU? Well they would say something like that, wouldn't they. Have you got an objective link to this or is it just more empty and inconsequential hot air? 

42 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

From what I recall that was less a failing in information sharing and more a failure to correctly identify the level of threat of certain individuals and then a failure to correctly monitor them.

If you’re assessing the effectiveness of any organisation based on its failings then our own security services would be found equally wanting.

Either way; one failing cannot be used to damn an entire institution in the face of the many attacks thwarted by good uses and sharing of intelligence; most of which the likes of you and me never find out about.

info sharing goes on bilaterally now........its nothing to do with the eu.......

the paris attacks just highlighted the problem..... poor info sharing runs throughout france.......it was the uk france called to track them down......

38 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The Telegraph.....

MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

What's RT got to say?

It could simply be a question of funding. Boris making stupid noises about not paying the Divorce Bill. But I suspect it's more likely to be a divergence of interests.

After all "Leave mens Leave" or whatever the favourite empty slogan is atm.

no bill to pay.......