So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

48 minutes ago, P.K. said:

You remember the "sovereignty" con trick? You talking of irrelevant reminded me of it.

I'm still waiting for you to tell us what part of our illusory sovereignty it is you most want back and what it's £worth?

Never forget if you can't put a £number on it then it's £worthless...

its the british people who are sovereign, they through a referendum requested the  stolen sovereignty back from brussels......

ticktock.......

31 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Is Guido a step up from RT? Personally I'm not sure.

They are of course miles apart in their reportage so are incomparable. I read RT primarily because they're anti-yank and more so, anti-Trump. Its (RT) science and tech articles are also informative. Guido is a respected source around Westminster, regardless of what you may think.

Of course, women now have to stay in work for another five years plus there is always population growth.

Well, that's equality for you; why shouldn't women work as long as men? Population growth? People die too, don't forget.

In the EU there are entities doing what they can to reduce types of zero-hours contracts. 

As there are in the UK. Campaigning for fairer conditions and equality of opportunity isn't exclusive to your beloved bloc. Have you considered that for a great number of people, zero-hours contracts are perfectly acceptable and suit their lifestyle choices? A recent survey reported that approx 66% of workers were unhappy with ZHC's, that leaves a sizeable minority for whom having a certain amount of employment freedom via ZHC's is actually preferable.

_20190911_095955.JPG

_20190911_095917.JPG

_20190911_100700.JPG

I see Labour have come up with a masterstroke for the election manifesto - another referendum, so even now they are sitting on the fence. Clearly can't agree among themselves. Who do they think that this is going to please? They probably think it will please everybody. In reality it will please nobody.

5 minutes ago, woolley said:

Listening to the loons you would think that most jobs created since 2010 are on zero hours contracts. It's fantasy. The overwhelming majority are full time on full contracts.

Why would anyone think that most jobs created since 2010 are on zero hours contracts???

Ah yes, just a poor attempt to discredit. Expected better.

Output is still faltering though. Which is not a good sign.

But hey, just ignore that in case brexit is to blame...

6 minutes ago, woolley said:

I see Labour have come up with a masterstroke for the election manifesto - another referendum, so even now they are sitting on the fence. Clearly can't agree among themselves. Who do they think that this is going to please? They probably think it will please everybody. In reality it will please nobody.

As I posted previously the majority opposition don't want Corbyn in number 10. Which imho is the real problem. I suspect the reluctance to ditch him stems from the fact that he certainly energised the young. But that was a good few years back ie a long time in politics....

46 minutes ago, quilp said:

As there are in the UK. Campaigning for fairer conditions and equality of opportunity isn't exclusive to your beloved bloc. Have you considered that for a great number of people, zero-hours contracts are perfectly acceptable and suit their lifestyle choices? A recent survey reported that approx 66% of workers were unhappy with ZHC's, that leaves a sizeable minority for whom having a certain amount of employment freedom via ZHC's is actually preferable.

So now we're expected to respect the wishes of a minority? 

By your stat 34% of people are happy with zero hours so we should ignore the 66% who aren't?

34% is a lot less than 48%.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, quilp said:

Well, that's equality for you; why shouldn't women work as long as men? Population growth? People die too, don't forget.

Not even a good try. It's one of the reasons the number of those in employment has risen.

Yes I am aware it can suit some folks. I'm also aware it's a way of avoiding paying decent wages, ni, pensions etc. Which is why EU countries in the main are trying to curtail it. But then workers rights via the EU is one of the things that really boils the piss of those who, say, own newspapers....

But then why shouldn't those in work be treated decently? Years ago working in France I was amazed at their statutory rights compared to the UK. Same in Germany. The UK was a long way behind and now looks like it may go backwards thanks to the curse of brexit.....

_20190911_095955.JPG

14 minutes ago, P.K. said:

As I posted previously the majority opposition don't want Corbyn in number 10. Which imho is the real problem. I suspect the reluctance to ditch him stems from the fact that he certainly energised the young. But that was a good few years back ie a long time in politics....

The noisier Corbyn cheerleaders amongst my facebook friends have toned it down lately as he vacillates on Brexit, they want him to be unequivocally remain. But he wants to be  seen as both remain and leave by voters, whilst being secretly leave but having to appear remain to keep his loyalist loyal.