So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, Freggyragh said:

So it was all an EU plot - they planted those people who are angry about him using them, their businesses and careers and those of their colleagues as bargaining chips? I suppose the evil EUSSR banned the legions of brexit supporting Brits working in Europe from showing Johnson their support? 

Not so much an EU plot. More a plot by rabble rousers. Luxembourg is a compliant EU city state. Also a tax haven that for some really odd reason never appears on EU blacklists. Hardly surprising that there was such an attempt to hijack the press conference. What would have been the point of trying to compete with tossers brandishing megaphones other than to give them exactly what they wanted? No, Johnson, or one of his honchos, had an attack of common sense in declining to oblige. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Johnson is a loon. I've said it umpteen times. If the country was all about him then you might have a point. It isn't, anymore than the US is all about Trump. You employ such a simplistic, soundbite view of the world. 

Well Woolster, find yourself a mirror and look at my target audience.....  :)

From a negotiating point of view totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson IS the country and yes it IS all about him. It always was right from the start of the appallingly lowbrow referendum campaign and all the lies that he came out with to further his personal agenda.

Hey, you don't suppose the leaders of the EU27 know what a completey and utterly untrustworthy self-centred snake-in-the-grass Johnson really is?

Because that would colour any dealings they might have with him to the detriment of all of us...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, woolley said:

What would have been the point of trying to compete with tossers brandishing megaphones other than to give them exactly what they wanted? No, Johnson, or one of his honchos, had an attack of common sense in declining to oblige. 

Dear me Woolster, you really should stop trying to belittle folks you know nothing about just because they don't suit your narrative.

It's unseemly....

ETA: 

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/luxembourg-protester-calls-lbc-boris-johnson/

"There was no ambush. A lot of us are in our 40s and 50s, there were some youngsters, but most people were working or at schools so they couldn't attend the demonstration. There were about 50 of us, some say 75.

"We were noisy. We were booing when he arrived and were calling him a liar - which we can back up on the basis of his record.

"We were asked by the press to not make any noise while Mr Johnson spoke because the press wanted to hear what he had to say. We, being reasonable people who can be reasoned with, decided that was perfectly acceptable.

"When he came out, we booed him. And if he took the lectern, we would have piped down. We're not hoodlums causing violent scuffles in the street.

"He never took the stand, which I consider to be an act of cowardice."

Edited by P.K.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Well Woolster, find yourself a mirror and look at my target audience.....  :)

From a negotiating point of view totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson IS the country and yes it IS all about him. It always was right from the start of the appallingly lowbrow referendum campaign and all the lies that he came out with to further his personal agenda.

Hey, you don't suppose the leaders of the EU27 know what a completey and utterly untrustworthy self-centred snake-in-the-grass Johnson really is?

Because that would colour any dealings they might have with him to the detriment of all of us...

The country is not all about Johnson (obviously). He isn't even a true BeLeaver in Brexit. It's all about Boris as far as he is concerned. Call Me Dave said it again this week while peddling his book, but it's never been a secret. Boris said openly he took a weekend to decide which side of the referendum to back. What he meant was which side would best facilitate his career. If Leave won it had the obvious attraction of getting rid of Call Me Dave overnight and anointing him as the obvious successor. He reckoned without Gove stabbing him in the back to let in Theresa May who took 3 years to do very little. We should be out and 2 years down the road by now, enjoying the benefits.

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Dear me Woolster, you really should stop trying to belittle folks you know nothing about just because they don't suit your narrative.

It's unseemly....

ETA: 

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/luxembourg-protester-calls-lbc-boris-johnson/

"There was no ambush. A lot of us are in our 40s and 50s, there were some youngsters, but most people were working or at schools so they couldn't attend the demonstration. There were about 50 of us, some say 75.

"We were noisy. We were booing when he arrived and were calling him a liar - which we can back up on the basis of his record.

"We were asked by the press to not make any noise while Mr Johnson spoke because the press wanted to hear what he had to say. We, being reasonable people who can be reasoned with, decided that was perfectly acceptable.

"When he came out, we booed him. And if he took the lectern, we would have piped down. We're not hoodlums causing violent scuffles in the street.

"He never took the stand, which I consider to be an act of cowardice."

Mandy Rice-Davies applies. If he took the lectern they would have piped down. Of course they would. And I'm the Queen of Sheba.

3 hours ago, The Lurker said:

Yes it did. 

I’m afraid denying facts because they don’t serve your narrative won’t wash. 

The answer you’re looking for is that the government changed the document because they know that for ministers to continue to support no deal as an option despite their own departments predicting it will be a disaster will make said ministers look like fools. 

really......:rolleyes:

no.10 document has not been changed........

the times got a government department copy....that department had changed the wording.......the same department behind the leak.....

even you should be able to work out who changed it.......

but it had nothing to do with no.10.......

1 minute ago, woolley said:

We should be out and 2 years down the road by now, enjoying the benefits.

Ah yes " enjoying the benefits" - I love that bit.

The Yellowhammer document, you know the one when it was leaked it was the "base case scenario" but when gov was forced to release it magically became the "worst case scenario" - isn't exactly a long document.

Ergo there must be pages and pages written on how we will enjoy the benefits of brexit.

So where are they?

• Haha 1

Which facts would these be?  Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Yeah. The trademark jeering reply regarding BMW just seemed to forget that Spartanburg also export BMWs to Europe. The issue is that these could well suffer retaliatory tariffs and threaten jobs in S Carolina. 

So I don't think Trump or the forum jeerer has thought this through. Again. Again...

C'mon, it's not hard to work out is it?

Edited by ballaughbiker

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Because he took the cowards way out we'll never know....

how much is codswallop going to cost the guardian this time........

another case lost......

what did she send to the met police as evidence? the contents of her cat litter tray and blame it on exit.......

18 minutes ago, woolley said:

Mandy Rice-Davies applies. If he took the lectern they would have piped down. Of course they would. And I'm the Queen of Sheba.

CRITICS have hit out at Luxembourg for humiliating our prime minister when its population is only six times the number of people who elected him. 

Boris Johnson’s non-attendance at a press conference saw Luxembourg’s Xavier Bettel aim jibes at the absent British leader even though it would take 15 per cent of his country’s pitiful population to match the votes Johnson got in this summer’s contest.

A Brexiteer: “They’d be wise to show some respect for our prime minister. He enjoys the proven support of 0.14 per cent of our population, possibly even twice that.

“They think they’re big and strong because they’ve got all those other countries backing them up. Well, we’ll see how big and strong they are when they’re still in the EU and we’re out on our own.”

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Yeah. The trademark jeering reply regarding BMW just seemed to forget that Spartanburg also export BMWs to Europe. The issue is that these could well suffer retaliatory tariffs and threaten jobs in S Carolina. 

So I don't think Trump or the forum jeerer has thought this through. Again. Again...

C'mon, it's not hard to work out is it?

what a load of hysteria.......

26 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Ah yes " enjoying the benefits" - I love that bit.

The Yellowhammer document, you know the one when it was leaked it was the "base case scenario" but when gov was forced to release it magically became the "worst case scenario" - isn't exactly a long document.

Ergo there must be pages and pages written on how we will enjoy the benefits of brexit.

So where are they?

Well when (if) we ever get there we will find out. Yellowhammer is just one scenario in a whole range of possibilities. We don't have a crystal ball but neither do the doomsayers. Trade is a major part, but only a part of what is at stake.

25 minutes ago, woolley said:

Well when (if) we ever get there we will find out. Yellowhammer is just one scenario in a whole range of possibilities. We don't have a crystal ball but neither do the doomsayers. Trade is a major part, but only a part of what is at stake.

wait till the updated version comes out in the next few weeks......