So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

london now accounts for 43% of all foreign exchange trading worldwide......

up from 37% in 2016............

$1 trillion more traded in london every day than 3 years ago.........

The survey also showed the United Kingdom extending its dominance of the FX trading industry, defying sceptics who had predicted Britain’s 2016 referendum vote to leave the European Union would damage London’s financial services sector.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-global-forex-bis/global-daily-forex-trading-at-record-6-6-trillion-as-london-extends-lead-idUKKBN1W1210

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Well when (if) we ever get there we will find out. Yellowhammer is just one scenario in a whole range of possibilities. We don't have a crystal ball but neither do the doomsayers. Trade is a major part, but only a part of what is at stake.

Dear me.

Honestly Woolster I never thought I'd see you reduced to trying to make excuses for totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson.

That's got to be as low as it gets....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, woody2 said:

really......:rolleyes:

no.10 document has not been changed........

the times got a government department copy....that department had changed the wording.......the same department behind the leak.....

even you should be able to work out who changed it.......

but it had nothing to do with no.10.......

Do you just make this nonsense up or do you get it from one of you incell forums?

20 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

Do you just make this nonsense up or do you get it from one of you incell forums?

:rolleyes:

bbc covered it last week- they had a no.10 copy from when may was pm- it said the same as the government release ........the times woman said it came from government department and openly admitted changes had been made by the government department......

next.....

33 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Dear me.

Honestly Woolster I never thought I'd see you reduced to trying to make excuses for totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson.

the eu in strasbourg and ze germans responses attack mr nobody's set-up and rant.......not how bj handled it......

3 hours ago, P.K. said:

Dear me.

Just countering the hysteria on the other side of the argument. Nothing to do with Johnson.

Has anyone compared the reports in The Sun (UK Edition) and the Irish Sun on the "incident" in Luxembourg? 

When you do remember they are the same newspaper under the same Editor in Chief.

This is not the only story they vary wildly on but perhaps ask yourself why this is the case.

PS. The Sun is an absolute rabbit neatly shows how malleable facts can be when they need to fit an agenda.

59 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Has anyone compared the reports in The Sun (UK Edition) and the Irish Sun on the "incident" in Luxembourg? 

When you do remember they are the same newspaper under the same Editor in Chief.

This is not the only story they vary wildly on but perhaps ask yourself why this is the case.

PS. The Sun is an absolute rabbit neatly shows how malleable facts can be when they need to fit an agenda.

eh?........they have the scottish sun which is different........

33 minutes ago, woody2 said:

eh?........they have the scottish sun which is different........

I have not read the Scottish Sun (still under common ownership) to compare that to the England/Wales version and the Irish version.  Once again you miss the point which is the same information, presented by the same newspaper group reads very differently in the Irish edition and England/Wales edition.  

26 minutes ago, woody2 said:

is anybody bothered about the supreme court outcome?...........seems a bit pointless........

although the gall of john major who prorogued parliament for political reasons........

he also removed the whip from those that voted against him.....

John Major prorogued parliament to stifle questions about the 'cash for questions' scandal. People have short memories woody... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I have not read the Scottish Sun (still under common ownership) to compare that to the England/Wales version and the Irish version.  Once again you miss the point which is the same information, presented by the same newspaper group reads very differently in the Irish edition and England/Wales edition.  

you miss the point.......no "uk edition" as you say.......

as for your other point aren't they just targeting a story at a particular market.......

more worryingly who reads the sun.........

• Haha 1

It does not surprise me.

It is propaganda pure and simple designed to influence the readership and promote sales of the newspapers.  What some on here do not seem to appreciate is that the same events are being portrayed in very different ways depending on where the newspaper wants to sell its stories.  

Maybe Johnson also knew that the pro-brexit press would be sympathetic to him in the circumstances and therefore saw very little risk in skipping the event.

• Like 1