So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

6 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

I wouldn’t include Martin. I was thinking of ones that direct banks, insurance companies, hedge-funds, property investment firms, brokerages, payment system companies, mines, chemical companies, media groups, etc. 

True enough.  Martin was included as a bit of mischief making given that he has claimed that leaving the EU would mean cheaper drinks for his customers.

Although Wetherspoons latest results show an increase in sales but a drop in overall profits.  Probably as a direct result of Martin passing on the supposed savings of leaving the EU whilst the country is still in the EU.

6 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

I wouldn’t include Martin. I was thinking of ones that direct banks, insurance companies, hedge-funds, property investment firms, brokerages, payment system companies, mines, chemical companies, media groups, etc. 

who funded the remoan campaign.....

• Like 2

this is the problem with the eu.......

claiming they have seen no plans while rejecting plans put forward.......

The UK says: "Of course there's a plan and we have lots of whizzo ideas we're sharing with our friends on the continent."

The EU then declares: "There is no plan, we don't know what you want!" - while at the same time making clear, as today, that they disapprove of some of the proposals that supposedly don't exist.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49749211

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

True enough.  Martin was included as a bit of mischief making given that he has claimed that leaving the EU would mean cheaper drinks for his customers.

Although Wetherspoons latest results show an increase in sales but a drop in overall profits.  Probably as a direct result of Martin passing on the supposed savings of leaving the EU whilst the country is still in the EU.

I had a few words with Tim Martin four or five days or so ago. Stayed off Brexit but did ask him to fix the lock on the disabled toilet. He has not done so although he put it in his little book. Also the wine list has shrunk to a handful of Australian wines nothing from the EU but prices very much up...

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

I had a few words with Tim Martin four or five days or so ago. Stayed off Brexit but did ask him to fix the lock on the disabled toilet. He has not done so although he put it in his little book. Also the wine list has shrunk to a handful of Australian wines nothing from the EU but prices very much up...

Eh? They have been reducing drinks prices to the extent that others in the trade are complaining. Beer down to £1.39 a pint at some locations. There is a 7.5% cut on all food and drink today only. Whatever you might think about him and his business, you can't say he doesn't offer value. 

31 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

you and your toilets sir bazza........

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, woolley said:

Eh? They have been reducing drinks prices to the extent that others in the trade are complaining. Beer down to £1.39 a pint at some locations. There is a 7.5% cut on all food and drink today only. Whatever you might think about him and his business, you can't say he doesn't offer value. 

Cheap prices do not always equate with good value.  By your reasoning McDonalds offers value.

24 minutes ago, woolley said:

The manager once told me that Spoons prices vary from pub to pub according to the local market and local taxes ie business rates..The price lists are not the same everywhere and also that if the outlet falls below a certain turnover it is closed due to tight margins. I repeat, Spoons down on my manor closed one of two outlets and the current wine list has about four varieties of Aussie wine and the prices are up. There is also Aussie Prosecco but that too is up in price. No EU wines and I think Tim just wants to cut back on the list at least on my manor. 

18 minutes ago, quilp said:

"Barrie who?" "Bodleian what? Is that a stout?" "Security!!!"

Tim was paying one of his surprise visits. He is approachable but I suspect it is more akin to a minor Royal cutting the ribbon to open a day care centre rather than anything will happen. The door has not been fixed and manager offended when I suggested a notice outside 'cos people on wheels will not know until they need it that disabled loo out of action.