So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

It's ironic, the deluded little-englanders getting all uppity and tub-thumping about Gibraltar which voted 96% to remain in the EU. Normally they should be condemned as remoaners and libtards.

Yes and a perfect opportunity for them to revert back to Spanish rule if the 96% still feel the same way. The UK has sold them down the river and sooner of later they might finally realize that. Gibs future is within the EU not tagged on to a dying colonial power that is going nowhere fast.

the 99% overrules that eurotards

dying colonial power only RETARDS use those sort of definitions.

fixedthumbsup.gif

i hear sir nige has a new job, reshaping bananas and cucumbers at tescos.......

He's too busy crawling up to Trump.

He will never be "Sir Nigel" because everyone who matters recognises what an utter dollop he is. Absolutely nobody with any class thinks anything good about him at all.

• Like 2

Hmm. A lot of people were maimed and killed in an avoidable war. The losing side, an unelected and politically isolated right-wing junta blundered into the war on a wave of populism and were seen off sharpish by a well connected nation that enjoyed support from the rest of the EU and the EU's major trading partners, especially the US.

• Like 1

Hmm. A lot of people were maimed and killed in an avoidable war. The losing side, an unelected and politically isolated right-wing junta blundered into the war on a wave of populism and were seen off sharpish by a well connected nation that enjoyed support from the rest of the EU and the EU's major trading partners, especially the US.

Except for the French of course.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/9767736/Thatchers-blistering-attack-on-French-over-Exocets-during-Falklands.html

• Like 1

@ hboy: Gibraltar is more British than most of the British today. They will never consent to join Spain. EU or no. They hate the Spaniards' guts. Fact.

@ Mojomonkey: The strategic value of Gibraltar will never diminish. It is at arguably the most important crossroads in the world. You do not abandon a people who have stood by you and served in your interests for over 300 years through thick and thin.

@ PK: If Heseltine, Major and Blair come to a consensus about something you would be very well advised to do the opposite.

@ Freggyragh: Hmm. EU support for the UK over the Falklands? Let's see. They did what they are good at. They spoke weasel words while playing a duplicitous game in the background. British forces were attacked by French Exocet missiles and Spain openly cheered on Argentina. The rest were nowhere to be seen - as usual. Not much support there. America came on board eventually - as usual.

@ Pongo: If Farage is an utter dollop that would put him in eminently suitable company with the usual stuffed shirts, career politicians and arse lickers who are the routine recipients of gongs. Time to sack the entire charade.

I read an interesting comment piece by Mervyn King this evening about the events surrounding the subject and he is sanguine about the whole thing. He made the observation that big events are seldom so important in the context of history as they seem at the time, and opined that if you were to look at a 40 year UK GDP chart with Brexit in the middle, you'd be hard pushed to pick out when it happened. A sensible view among the hysteria, I fancy.

• Like 1

That will be the Heseltine who put principle before party politics then re Westland?

Sorry and all that but you're going to have to do a great deal better than glib, throwaway soundbites to put that highly EU skilled trio down...

• Like 1

That will be the Heseltine who put principle before party politics then re Westland?

Sorry and all that but you're going to have to do a great deal better than glib, throwaway soundbites to put that highly EU skilled trio down...

The Heseltine who fancied bringing down Thatcher and being PM you mean! thumbsup.gif

I read an interesting comment piece by Mervyn King this evening about the events surrounding the subject and he is sanguine about the whole thing. He made the observation that big events are seldom so important in the context of history as they seem at the time, and opined that if you were to look at a 40 year UK GDP chart with Brexit in the middle, you'd be hard pushed to pick out when it happened. A sensible view among the hysteria, I fancy.

Total bollocks.

Divide recent history into forty year chunks and I think you'll find the odd world war featuring.

Plus he can't have the faintest idea how Brexit will pan out.

Dear me, did you know the word "gullible" has been removed from the OED...?

@ hboy: Gibraltar is more British than most of the British today. They will never consent to join Spain. EU or no. They hate the Spaniards' guts. Fact.

Despite the fact that 96% of them voted to stay in the EU. Now they have the chance to do that via Spain.

The place is a dump full of the most awful British expats anyway.

I hope it costs Arron Banks, who has an insurance company based in Gib as one of his primary wealth generators a lot of money in the long term.

The Heseltine who fancied bringing down Thatcher and being PM you mean! :thumbsup:

Show me a politico who doesn't want to be PM and I'll show you a charlatan...

Despite the fact that 96% of them voted to stay in the EU. Now they have the chance to do that via Spain.

Yep. Despite that. See previous post.

Edited by woolley

The Heseltine who fancied bringing down Thatcher and being PM you mean! thumbsup.gif

Show me a politico who doesn't want to be PM and I'll show you a charlatan...

Show me Heseltine I'll show you a charlatan.