So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, quilp said:

It's worth pointing out that JRM is co-founder and part-owner of that company. So any decision to set up another office of the company in Dublin was not solely down to him.

JRM still has a say in that business and would have a better idea of what the post-brexit regime/market for businesses within the UK will be like compared to the average Joe.

1 hour ago, quilp said:

So what? It's like any other company moving their business over here, or the Caymans.

Why stop at JRM..? 

I was asked to name one person who stood to benefit financially from brexit.  I named one and stopped. 

2 hours ago, ballaughbiker said:

More to the point...what is his business relationship with the Cayman Islands?

1 hour ago, ballaughbiker said:

It becomes public business if he chooses public life with its power that can change policy to  "help" such business.

he had shares in lloyd george management sold in 2011........all above board......

he still owns saliston which looks after his family property and his shares in scm...

15 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

JRM still has a say in that business and would have a better idea of what the post-brexit regime/market for businesses within the UK will be like compared to the average Joe.

I was asked to name one person who stood to benefit financially from brexit.  I named one and stopped. 

you don't have a clue........

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

Wetherspoons...... classy....... You need to up your expectations woolley. 

The Wetherspoons customer’s guide to a no-deal Brexit

ARE you a pants-wetting Remoaner who’s worried about no-deal Brexit? Here Wetherspoons regular Norman Steele answers your questions at 10am with a pint.

Should I be worried about food shortages?

Fuck off. We’ll grow our own food. All you need is soil and seeds, and male animals and lady animals. I wish Remoaners would stop overcomplicating things.

If there’s a short-term problem – which there won’t be – we can always do a Dunkirk and get our brave ‘little ships’ to go to a supermarket in Calais. I’m getting choked up just thinking about it.

Could there be civil unrest?

There will be if a traitor’s deal goes through. Me, Brian and Dave have agreed to make petrol bombs and do a riot. This is in no way bullshit pisshead bravado caused by 11 pints in Spoons.

Are we heading for an economic disaster? It certainly looks like it.

Project Fear 3.0, mate. Sony may be fucking off but we’ll just make better tellies. They’ll probably be totally interactive so you can shag Keeley Hawes in Bodyguard. 

Should I start stockpiling medicines I need?

Nah. We’re a plucky, ‘can do’ nation. Make your own medicines from whatever you’ve got in the house. A few aspirins here, a bit of Benylin there. If you’re still feeling peaky have a few pints in Spoons.

In any case, we survived the war. Missing a few heart attack pills is nothing to this bulldog race who laughed in the face of U-boat attacks.

Why do you keep irrelevantly and offensively mentioning the war?

Because it’s the finest moment in our proud island history. Also I don’t know any other history because the kings-and-queens rubbish on History channel hasn’t got tanks or the SS.

No, seriously, what if I lose my job?

What’s the problem? More time to spend in Spoons....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

Wetherspoons...... classy....... You need to up your expectations woolley. 

I speak as I find. I repeat that tbey have taken over some classy but tired properties and upgraded them tastefully. I can only assume that you have seen the dog end of the portfolio which can indeed be rough and based your opinion on that. It isn't the whole story.  There is a lovely one in Weston Super Mare, for example. The ambience is very pleasant, unhurried and I had an excellent meal there over a business discussion at the suggestion of my associate who lives there. Suffice to say that the experience, both qualitatively and quantitatively, was superior to some I have endured elsewhere for ten times the price. Rough it was not. 

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

Correct. Here's one good example why the UK will benefit from freedom from those restrictions...

_20190919_134451.JPG

World wide issues like climate change can only be dealt with by countries working together.

It's really good to see an organisation like the EU pulling together, as we all should.

France and Ireland have already warned they will reject the deal if Brazil does not do more to curb fires in the Amazon rainforest.

Austrian groups say the deal must do more to tackle environment issues.

All but one of Austria's main parties rejected the deal in a parliamentary sub-committee, from the far right to the centre left.

Jörg Leichtfried of the Austrian centre-left SPÖ hailed the decision as a "great success for consumers, the environment and animal welfare as well as human rights", warning that it would have been bad for climate protection and labour rights in South America.

Austria's trade union federation ÖGB had campaigned against the deal, arguing it had not sought binding rules on workers and the environment but focused on the interests of industry rather than people.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, woolley said:

What's this?  Moral judgment? To do business I would imagine.

ETA: 9am according to the web. So what?  

"8 am according to the web" - now that's funny!

Nobody is accusing you of going to a Spoons to get pissed as early as possible.

Although lots do....

• Haha 1