So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

5 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Have they? Who manufactures analogue and synthetic human insulin in the UK then?

Not concerned about who manufactures it, only the uninterrupted supply. A threat of shortages because of brexit was spun and became part of the narrative of doom. The main supplier of Insulin into the UK has publicly dispelled any fears of shortage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, quilp said:

Not concerned about who manufactures it, only the uninterrupted supply. A threat of shortages because of brexit was spun and became part of the narrative of doom. The main supplier of Insulin into the UK has publicly dispelled any fears of shortage.

I'll take that as you not actually knowing the answer to the questions posed then.

No one makes it in the UK. They have stockpiled it but there is currently no major supplier of it based in the UK.

5 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

I'll take that as you not actually knowing the answer to the questions posed then.

No one makes it in the UK. They have stockpiled it but there is currently no major supplier of it based in the UK.

I'm repeating myself, I know. The whole point of my post was about uninterrupted supply. I hadn't the slightest notion to see who manufactures it in the uk.

But now, thanks to you mojo, now I know. :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

pharma companies do this all the time........make a batch then they make another drug......

must have a good shelf life.......

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Why have they increased their stocks when we have been assured that there will be no restrictions or delays on imports?

On 9/6/2019 at 9:11 PM, P.K. said:

How many more times?

I owe you nothing.

Zip, zilch, zero, nada...

Now THAT'S funny...

As far as I'm concerned your question above is irrelevant nit-picking.

How are your sugar levels...

35 minutes ago, woody2 said:

why does it have to be made in the uk.......

drugs are made all over the world now.....

paracetamol shortage at the moment.....you must be panicking.......

Because no one actually knows what might happen with imports after the UK eventually leaves the EU. It might be sorted straight away or it might take years, no one actually knows. If you're relying on stockpiling and imports there could be an issue. Someone manufacturing insulin in the UK would be a good business opportunity.

Personally, I don't take any medicine regularly but if I did and that supply could be interupted I would be suitably concerned. I trust you've got your lithium stockpiled?

Edited by mojomonkey
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, woody2 said:

i was just about to post the same........big ouch for pk+freggy.......

If the U.K. ever has as many trade deals as the EU it too will take a long time to make further deals as the deals all have to tie in and match WTO most favoured regs. Then of course, there won’t be just other countries to think about, but also the competing priorities and demands of various industries and other interests within the U.K. - and if the brexit fiasco has taught us anything it’s that signing off agreements negotiated by the government is not exactly Parliament’s forté. When the U.K. has completed its ‘easiest deal in history’ - the one they now say they need yet another year for - then you can start telling us how easy it is. Until then it’s just your usual fairytale nonsense. 

50 minutes ago, quilp said:

Now THAT'S funny...

As far as I'm concerned your question above is irrelevant nit-picking.

How are your sugar levels...

It was a rhetorical question.

rhetorical

(of a question) asked in order to produce an effect or to make a statement rather than to elicit information.

HAPPY TO HELP!

• Haha 1