So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Just now, woolley said:

FFS. Even if there was disruption for a few days or weeks, business on either side of the channel is not going to allow Brussels to impede the flow of goods which bring lots of lovely profit and, incidentally, pay for all of that EU largesse. Not going to happen long term. Stop worrying.

You simply don't know that so no more weasel words. Thanks.

Once we leave the EU we lose any say we might have had over the Douane. Who in my experiences on the Franco Spanish border at Le Perthus are pretty much a law to themselves. And it would appear they are expecting a very large increase in their workload wouldn't you say?

Fail to prepare....

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, woolley said:

accurate

3 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

This is some bizzare new definition of retcon with which I am unfamiliar.

No. Accurate is an English language word in use for over 400 years. You might well be unfamiliar with it, of course. In fact I surmise it's quite likely that you are.

11 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Not nitpicking at all. It's a serious point which you would rather avoid.

Of course the brexiteers know why essentials are being stockpiled. Brexit, especially engineered by totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson PM, could easily be one almighty clusterfuck.

The French Douane have invested heavily in new IT and have taken on some 700 extra officers just to deal with the Dover - Calais crossing.

THAT's why prudent suppliers are stockpiling.

The final proof, if proof were ever needed, of how serious the situation is just last week Nigel Farage told the BBC that there would be no problems at all...

QED.

will they now be able to stop the immigrants crossing from calais in the backs of trucks......

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

You simply don't know that so no more weasel words. Thanks.

Once we leave the EU we lose any say we might have had over the Douane. Who in my experiences on the Franco Spanish border at Le Perthus are pretty much a law to themselves. And it would appear they are expecting a very large increase in their workload wouldn't you say?

Fail to prepare....

Yes, I do know. We are talking about mutual interest and very powerful vested interests. The forces of global capitalism are far stronger than any border post when it comes to someone separating them from their profits.

Prepare of course, but only for a very temporary hiatus.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, quilp said:

Good to see another fine and upstanding example of the BBC again doing its level best for unbiased and objective broadcasting...

4-1 remainers on the Question Time panel tonight.

:huh:

That may be the case but if you listened to what the panel were saying then Faulkner, the woman from the Torygraph and this weeks governmental sacrificial lamb were all in favour of respecting the vote and leaving with the Lib Dem brex-zealot and the token yoof both being remain advocates and even the yoof wanted another referendum so actually a little more balanced than you're making it out to be. 

You'll notice I posted my cynicism before the programme was aired but I do agree, It did come across as unusually fair and balanced though predictably, head girl Bruce still insisted on interrupting panellists before they'd finished putting their points across. Charlie Faulkner surprised me the most. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, quilp said:

You'll notice I posted my cynicism before the programme was aired but I do agree, It did come across as unusually fair and balanced though predictably, head girl Bruce still insisted on interrupting panellists before they'd finished putting their points across. Charlie Faulkner surprised me the most. 

Agreed; I'm still undecided about Bruce's approach; I like that panelists are called out but she does seem to drive the agenda a little too much.

The chap whose daughter had committed suicide highlighted that brexit needs sorting one way or the other as soon as possible and Government can get back to dealing with the massive problems people are facing. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, quilp said:

Good to see another fine and upstanding example of the BBC again doing its level best for unbiased and objective broadcasting...

4-1 remainers on the Question Time panel tonight.

:huh:

Because the right-whingers are forever complaining about "BBC left wing bias" whenever the Beeb tells the truth about their tory-voter targeted policies the QT panel is selected on giving the UK political parties fair and appropriate representation.

In other words whether or not you want to lower the standard of living in the UK simply doesn't enter the equation. So it's pointless bleating about it.

In any event there's always plenty of gammons in the audience shouting their empty slogans...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

In other words whether or not you want to lower the standard of living in the UK simply doesn't enter the equation.

More of your tangential knob-endery. Care to explain how and where uk living standards will suffer?

Thought not. You tired old cliché... 

• Thanks 1