So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

35 minutes ago, woolley said:

Stop it. I now have this mental picture of you as Alf Garnett with Winston sleeping on the sofa.

Actually a friend of mine (I do have one or two) smuggled in a girl from Soweto via Ostende and Ramsgate. She was hidden in the back of the car.

I made investigations to see how she could be made legal and believe it or not get married to the man who smuggled her in. This put me in touch with the "system".

She was allowed to become his ward provided he paid to support her. Thus she stayed. She reported to the police once a month and could have been deported anytime but not effort was made to do this. In the meantime she worked in the black economy mainly in Southend in bars and clubs.

As the years rolled by she got older and went from 18 years to late 20s with no attempt at deportation as she was still a ward of the older man who smuggled her in. Thus that appears to be a loophole or was then as it started about 2009.

Of course she had no passport so that hindered deportation as South Africa will not take them back if they have no passport.

Other African illegals said that Northern Ireland is a soft touch and lots of old and ill folk willingly hire illegals as carers. She went to Belfast and found more work than she knew what to do with. She then had a baby which although it has a British birth certificate is not British as the mother is not British. Thus she paid a black British guy £3,750 to swear he is the father. He then vanishes. Thus the baby gets a British citizenship/passport. Thus the mother cannot be deported. There was no requirement for a DNA test I am told.

As regards welfare there must be something available as before going to Belfast she was given a flat in Walsall and about £20 a week from a church charity. I was told this is because of the baby and human rights act it can't be sent to South Africa with her.

I know of people around on my manor hiring illegals as carers.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, woolley said:

Strange that so many disadvantaged immigrants seem to see it as a land of shining opportunity then, isn't it? So much so that they will risk life and limb to reach it.

2 hours ago, woolley said:

I'm quite sure that this is true in some cases, however many have little English on arrival. All have passed through multiple safe countries on the way and some actually have better French than English! But if the country was such purgatory for the disadvantaged as PK is advising us, why would any disadvantaged person go through hell and high water to reach it?

I'm sure you've been to third world countries, although probably not ravaged by conflict, so just don't bother trying it on. You're embarassing yourself.

• Haha 1

Bazza. You never disappoint.

As it goes, I too have a friend who brought a little girl into the UK from Zambia. His lady lived a somewhat bohemian lifestyle, and had taken it upon herself to work as a teacher in a Zambian village. She did so for some years and he eventually followed her to Africa. Among many adventures, they went through a native wedding ceremony prior to which the village elder ladies shaved off all of their body hair with traditional razors. He found that a bit nerve wracking.

Anyway, she became attached to the young girl who had lost her mother and an agreement was made with the father's family that they should bring her back to the UK for schooling. I have no idea whether kwacha changed hands, but it might have done. There was no defined plan for how to get her through immigration, but someone advised them to travel via Italy which they did. The Italians were only too pleased to bundle them onto a flight for London and they jumped through many hoops over several years, but they did eventually get her legally established in the UK and she went to school. A few years later, on another trip to the tropics, the lady in question contracted a disease and died out there at a comparatively young age. The Zambian girl remained in the UK, but after the death of the woman who she had come to regard as her mother, she became difficult in her teenage years and eventually estranged from my friend. To the best of my knowledge, she remains in the UK, but I suppose she must wonder about her heritage.

3 minutes ago, woolley said:

Bazza. You never disappoint.

As it goes, I too have a friend who brought a little girl into the UK from Zambia. His lady lived a somewhat bohemian lifestyle, and had taken it upon herself to work as a teacher in a Zambian village. She did so for some years and he eventually followed her to Africa. Among many adventures, they went through a native wedding ceremony prior to which the village elder ladies shaved off all of their body hair with traditional razors. He found that a bit nerve wracking.

Anyway, she became attached to the young girl who had lost her mother and an agreement was made with the father's family that they should bring her back to the UK for schooling. I have no idea whether kwacha changed hands, but it might have done. There was no defined plan for how to get her through immigration, but someone advised them to travel via Italy which they did. The Italians were only too pleased to bundle them onto a flight for London and they jumped through many hoops over several years, but they did eventually get her legally established in the UK and she went to school. A few years later, on another trip to the tropics, the lady in question contracted a disease and died out there at a comparatively young age. The Zambian girl remained in the UK, but after the death of the woman who she had come to regard as her mother, she became difficult in her teenage years and eventually estranged from my friend. To the best of my knowledge, she remains in the UK, but I suppose she must wonder about her heritage.

Except in my case when I said I was doing it for a friend the officials looked at me as if I was dirt "A friend? Yeah Right!"

49 minutes ago, woolley said:

Take a lot more than that.

What with you reduced to making excuses for totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson PM I should imagine a very thick hide is an absolute must!

On another note a political commentator on my "daily read" list has covered both the recent High Court actions on what the executive can or can't do without involving our sovereign parliament. The first was, of course, Gina Miller and the Article 50 farrago in which democracy won out. He has also been covering the latest on Johnson's proroguing parliament for five weeks.

According to him the judges seem to be forming up in the same alignments they made over the Art 50 bunfight.

Make of their impartiality what you will....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, P.K. said:

What with you reduced to making excuses for totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson PM I should imagine a very thick hide is an absolute must!

Never have. Never would.

On another note a political commentator on my "daily read" list has covered both the recent High Court actions on what the executive can or can't do without involving our sovereign parliament. The first was, of course, Gina Miller and the Article 50 farrago in which democracy won out. He has also been covering the latest on Johnson's proroguing parliament for five weeks.

According to him the judges seem to be forming up in the same alignments they made over the Art 50 bunfight.

Make of their impartiality what you will....

It's an each way bet as ever with the judiciary. They are so "learned" that they frequently come to differing conclusions on the same scenario. No problem, though. They make a lot of money. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Lurker said:

But the UK doesn't have to be; any member state can deport someone who after three months of arriving has no means of support; they just chose not to.

Try going to Belgium without any money in the bank and no job and see how far you get.

It is not the EU's fault that successive British governments couldn't be arsed to deal with EU immigrants that don't work or perhaps the number was so low that it wasn't economically viable to deport?

belgium does have a law.......they can't use it.......its been discussed before on here......