So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

@ hboy: Gibraltar is more British than most of the British today. They will never consent to join Spain. EU or no. They hate the Spaniards' guts. Fact.

Despite the fact that 96% of them voted to stay in the EU. Now they have the chance to do that via Spain.

Yep. Despite that. See previous post.

The Lotto numbers for Wednesday please.

That will be the Heseltine who put principle before party politics then re Westland?

Sorry and all that but you're going to have to do a great deal better than glib, throwaway soundbites to put that highly EU skilled trio down...

The Heseltine who fancied bringing down Thatcher and being PM you mean! :thumbsup:

Show me a politico who doesn't want to be PM and I'll show you a charlatan...

Show me Heseltine I'll show you a charlatan.

The glib throwaway soundbites are not becoming of a reasoned debate.

Oh sorry, I thought you had s position to debate from.

My apologies.

I read an interesting comment piece by Mervyn King this evening about the events surrounding the subject and he is sanguine about the whole thing. He made the observation that big events are seldom so important in the context of history as they seem at the time, and opined that if you were to look at a 40 year UK GDP chart with Brexit in the middle, you'd be hard pushed to pick out when it happened. A sensible view among the hysteria, I fancy.

Total bollocks.

Divide recent history into forty year chunks and I think you'll find the odd world war featuring.

Plus he can't have the faintest idea how Brexit will pan out.

Dear me, did you know the word "gullible" has been removed from the OED...?

OK. If you are determined to be depressed, prepared to believe every scare story, take the most negative view of everything and believe that there is a vibrant future for the EU bureaucratic superstate club and only misery for the UK, then you crack on. Your funeral.

That will be the Heseltine who put principle before party politics then re Westland?

Sorry and all that but you're going to have to do a great deal better than glib, throwaway soundbites to put that highly EU skilled trio down...

The Heseltine who fancied bringing down Thatcher and being PM you mean! thumbsup.gif

Show me a politico who doesn't want to be PM and I'll show you a charlatan...

Show me Heseltine I'll show you a charlatan.

The glib throwaway soundbites are not becoming of a reasoned debate.

Oh sorry, I thought you had s position to debate from.

My apologies.

Er. You took it in that direction with your previous post. I can't take any eulogising of the attention seeking Heseltine seriously, I'm sorry.

I read an interesting comment piece by Mervyn King this evening about the events surrounding the subject and he is sanguine about the whole thing. He made the observation that big events are seldom so important in the context of history as they seem at the time, and opined that if you were to look at a 40 year UK GDP chart with Brexit in the middle, you'd be hard pushed to pick out when it happened. A sensible view among the hysteria, I fancy.

Total bollocks.

Divide recent history into forty year chunks and I think you'll find the odd world war featuring.

Plus he can't have the faintest idea how Brexit will pan out.

Dear me, did you know the word "gullible" has been removed from the OED...?

OK. If you are determined to be depressed, prepared to believe every scare story, take the most negative view of everything and believe that there is a vibrant future for the EU bureaucratic superstate club and only misery for the UK, then you crack on. Your funeral.

So you won't or more likely can't add any credence to the OPINION of Mervyn King...? Quelle surprise!

Sorry and all that but I'm also one of those horribly robust, cheerful souls that annoy those who fret over nothing. As anyone on here who has met me will attest to.

@ hboy: Gibraltar is more British than most of the British today. They will never consent to join Spain. EU or no. They hate the Spaniards' guts. Fact.

Despite the fact that 96% of them voted to stay in the EU. Now they have the chance to do that via Spain.

Yep. Despite that. See previous post.

The Lotto numbers for Wednesday please.

If you think there is any prospect of Gib throwing in its lot with Spain you are even more deluded than I thought. Did you hear their CM interviewed?

I suspect they view reunion with Spain in horror as they would almost certainly lose their status as seedy little tax haven.

But it wouldn't surprise me if Spain uses Brexit to make life "uncertain" for them. To Spain it's a heaven-sent opportunity to have a go.

I suspect they view reunion with Spain in horror as they would almost certainly lose their status as seedy little tax haven.

But it wouldn't surprise me if Spain uses Brexit to make life "uncertain" for them. To Spain it's a heaven-sent opportunity to have a go.

It's a filthy little shit spot in the Med.

They will have to do a lot to maintain their tax haven status. Without it Gibralter is nothing. I wouldn't discount them selling out on the UK in order to maintain their current status. It may well be a golden opportunity for them. Without the tax breaks it's a monkey infested British colonial shit hole.

You are making the common mistake of confusing England with the UK, Druid. The sovereign country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It consists of Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and England.

The point being made is that there might end up just being England.

• Like 1

England may finally get their independence,

To Clarify:

Independence From What?!

Usually it is other Countries or Territories wanting Independence from the UK. But the UK has always has had their Independence.

3X3

from the benefit scum....

Yes I read that. A considered view from a clever man who knows a thing or two about international economics. In fact most economists and financial analysts without any kind of bias say similar things, rather surprisingly.