So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

5 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

On a more serious note, I see that the crazies are out in force again today labelling the Supreme Court Judges as "enemies of the people" and decrying them as an unelected elite trying to block brexit.

It does not appear to matter how many times you try to calmly explain that the court case was about parliamentary sovereignty and parliaments right not to be prorogued by the executive without a lawful reason, they just do not seem to get it.  All these crazies see is a plot to stop brexit.  I have even seen one person claiming that the Supreme Court contained EU Judges!  

It has to be said that this judgement does not really change anything with regards to Brexit.  It just means that Parliament can continue to discussions which will get nowhere because MP's are divided over what an acceptable Brexit looks like.  The frustrating thing is that if it was not for the ERG then this whole thing would have been put to bed.  The UK would have left the EU with Theresa May's deal and all the details could be resolved over the years ahead.  

The UK now needs a general election but does not have the time to hold one before the 31st October so all we can do is strap ourselves in for a final month of squabbling in Parliament and speculating on what Boris does next.  

It is amusing that anyone anti-brexit is part of a wealthy, treacherous and self-interested elite whereas anyone who is pro-brexit and is wealthy, self-interested and actually part of an elite are seen as heroes of the people.  

My hope is that once this has all been resolved people like Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Mogg and Jeremy Corbyn will all be ousted from british politics and they somehow find some competent politicians to move things forward. 

remoaner hysteria ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

when are you going to tell us about these assets you claim jrm moved to ireland.......

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

On a more serious note, I see that the crazies are out in force again today labelling the Supreme Court Judges as "enemies of the people" and decrying them as an unelected elite trying to block brexit.

It does not appear to matter how many times you try to calmly explain that the court case was about parliamentary sovereignty and parliaments right not to be prorogued by the executive without a lawful reason, they just do not seem to get it.  All these crazies see is a plot to stop brexit.  I have even seen one person claiming that the Supreme Court contained EU Judges!  

It has to be said that this judgement does not really change anything with regards to Brexit.  It just means that Parliament can continue to discussions which will get nowhere because MP's are divided over what an acceptable Brexit looks like.  The frustrating thing is that if it was not for the ERG then this whole thing would have been put to bed.  The UK would have left the EU with Theresa May's deal and all the details could be resolved over the years ahead.  

The UK now needs a general election but does not have the time to hold one before the 31st October so all we can do is strap ourselves in for a final month of squabbling in Parliament and speculating on what Boris does next.  

It is amusing that anyone anti-brexit is part of a wealthy, treacherous and self-interested elite whereas anyone who is pro-brexit and is wealthy, self-interested and actually part of an elite are seen as heroes of the people.  

My hope is that once this has all been resolved people like Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Mogg and Jeremy Corbyn will all be ousted from british politics and they somehow find some competent politicians to move things forward. 

Very well said.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

What?

That's why I said it wasn't just racist but also body shaming and ageist. If you also want to include sexist, then fine.

Now let me see. Who mentioned skin colour, body shaming, ageist and sexist.

Good heavens! That'll be the Woolster then! 

:)

2 hours ago, woolley said:

Of course it does. It refers to fat Caucasian males of a certain age. So not only body shaming and racist, but also ageist. 

Shame on you...!

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

I can see both sides of this. It IS of course a plot to stop Brexit. There is no other driving force behind this. That Gina Miller is a staunch Remainer is beyond debate and it is disingenuous to claim that the case is unconnected.

All the same, it does seem to me that the prorogation wasn't worth the candle as it was bound to stir up a hornet's nest. And for what? MPs have already passed legislation barring no deal, which to my mind cuts away the argument that has just prevailed, saying that they were stymied from acting. Well, in fact, they acted.

I do agree that the ERG will bear a heavy responsibility, as will all MPs who stood on a manifesto for Brexit (that the vast majority of them) if it doesn't happen. May's deal should have been passed and further progress left for another time.

Edited by woolley

8 minutes ago, woolley said:

I can see both sides of this. It IS of course a plot to stop Brexit. There is no other driving force behind this. That Gina Miller is a staunch Remainer is beyond debate and it is disingenuous to claim that the case is unconnected.

All the same, it does seem to me that the prorogation wasn't worth the candle as it was bound to stir up a hornet's nest. And for what? MPs have already passed legislation barring no deal, which to my mind cuts away the argument that has just prevailed, saying that they were stymied from acting. Well in fact, they acted.

I do agree that the ERG will bear a heavy responsibility, as will all MPs who stood on a manifesto for Brexit (that the vast majority of them) if it doesn't happen. May's deal should have been passed and further progress left for another time.

Well, it's a remainer plot to stop a Brexiteer plot to force through a no Deal Brexit.

I think the whole prorogation thing is a bit daft, Boris has lost credibility by the stunt. But really I don't think this ruling makes much difference to whether the UK leaves on 31 October.

8 minutes ago, woolley said:

Gammon relates to colour, dufus. Preferably pink but with a leaning to blood pressure. Can you tie your shoe laces?

Hmmmm sounds angry like your posts. Let's hope no brexiteers get so apoplectic they have a coronary.

Sit down Woolster and breathe deeply.

Me, I'm chilled in Chester atm enjoying the consternation....

2 hours ago, woolley said:

Slice it and dice it any way you like, it's still a pejorative racist term. Similar case with black youths calling each other nigger for street notoriety. Best avoided as it is used by the ignorant to accuse others of that same failing. 

No it’s not. 

Thinking that the term gammon is racist shows a fundamental misunderstanding of racism. 

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Hmmmm sounds angry like your posts. Let's hope no brexiteers get so apoplectic they have a coronary.

Sit down Woolster and breathe deeply.

Me, I'm chilled in Chester atm enjoying the consternation....

You never sound chilled, PK. Not with all of the "Goodness Me" interventions.

Does anyone else see my posts as angry? Genuinely like to know.

I'm never actually angry when I post. In fact, I don't really get angry at all. Little ray of sunshine, me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, woolley said:

I'm never actually angry when I post. In fact, I don't really get angry at all. Little ray of sunshine, me.

On 8/29/2019 at 10:49 AM, woolley said:

All she achieved last time was to give the triggering of A50 the force of parliament. Should be in the all time top 10 of heroic failures. Let us hope she manages something equally hilariously unintended this time. 

On 8/29/2019 at 1:09 PM, quilp said:

She's getting desperate...

MWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

Just now, woolley said:

It is a racist pejorative term. I probably understand the true meaning of racism more than most.

Clearly not; the term gammon refers to a physiological reaction that occurs in some people when they get angry. 

Usually when someone objects to them talking about ‘wogs’ and ‘poofters.’

Is it racist to mock someone when they blush or go pale when they’re ill?