So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

6 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

@P.K.

I share many of your concerns and views.  I don't trust Johnson at all and have noted that his own family seem to doubt his motives;

• Jo Johnson quit the government citing "It's an unresolvable tension and time for others to take on my roles as MP and minister" when talking about reconciling family loyalty and the national interest;
  • Rachel Johnson has made a somewhat stinging criticism of her brothers motives (I cannot find the audio clip at the moment but I am sure you know the one I mean) and has criticised the language he has used at the ballot box;

Dominic Cummings appears to have far to much power behind the scenes and is most certainly part of the unelected elite.  His Uncle was a Judge on the appeal court panel and has said that should BoJo try and bypass the Benn bill then he would be acting unlawfully and find himself in prison.

We are getting very near to brexit now and I hope that we can all come together afterwards but I fear that many people will suffer financially while the financial elite's benefit.  I fear for the law in the UK and would hate to see judges appointed by the executive because we will then have a legal system controlled by whoever is in power (be that BoJo or Corbyn or anyone else).

name them:whistling:...........you already failed with jrm.......

4 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

But as we have pointed out before the UK could already have left except the ERG voted against Theresa May's deal and now we find those same people are the ones running the country and causing further divisions by polarising the "people v parliament/elite" nonsense.  The truth is there are people on both side of the leave/remain divide that can be out into either category.

If people insist on using terminology such as 'traitors' and 'enemies of the people' then i would suggest that the ERG would be first place to look. 

you are still getting this the wrong way around......may's agreement wasn't about leaving the eu......the remoaners should of voted for it.......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_the_United_Kingdom

Through legislation, case law and conventions, at least four main principles are usually recognised. First, parliamentary sovereignty is a foundational principle. Through the English Reformation, the Civil War, the Glorious Revolution of 1688 and the Act of the Union 1707, Parliament became the dominant source of law, above the judiciary, executive, monarchy, and church. Parliamentary sovereignty means Parliament can make or unmake any law within its practical power to do so, a fact that is usually justified by Parliament upholding other principles, namely the rule of law, democracy, and internationalism. Second, the rule of law has run through the constitution since the Magna Carta 1215and the Petition of Right 1628. This means the government may only conduct itself according to legal authority, including respect for human rights.[8]Third, at least since 1928, democracy has become a fundamental constitutional principle. Originally only wealthy, property-owning men held rights to vote for the House of Commons, while the king or queen, and/or a hereditary House of Lords, dominated politics. But from 1832 adult citizens slowly won the right to universal suffrage.[9] Fourth, the UK constitution is international: Parliament has consistently augmented its sovereignty and the practical power of UK citizens through membership of international bodies, including the International Labour Organization,[10] the United Nations, the European Convention on Human Rights, the European Union, the World Trade Organization, and the International Criminal CourtEU membership was challenged by the 2016 United Kingdom European Union membership referendum, and as the government then lost its majority at the 2017 general election, it is unclear what the outcome will be.

9 minutes ago, woody2 said:

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 33% (+3)

LAB: 22% (-1)

LDEM: 22% (-)

BREX: 14% (-)

GRN: 6% (+1)

UKIP: 1% (+1)

via

, 24 - 25 Sep Chgs. w/ 20 Sep

:whistling:

SNP and PC lost all their voters then? Or is this a woodypoll?

Nicola says she’s happy to back Jezza as caretaker. 

You wanting to forgot all about the Parliamentary sovereignty topic now then? #woodylaw

7 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

SNP and PC lost all their voters then? Or is this a woodypoll?

Nicola says she’s happy to back Jezza as caretaker. 

You wanting to forgot all about the Parliamentary sovereignty topic now then? #woodylaw

@YouGov

:whistling:

nasty nicky and red jezza:lol: best move they could make is getting rid of bj......

the people are sovereign.......:rolleyes: