So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Is this the same PK who frequently tells me I 'can't know that' if I venture a prediction about the future? Well you 'can't know'  about any storm either. Whenever I travel to UK cities nowadays the investment in them and, by extension, the confidence in the economy is obvious. Cheer up.

3 minutes ago, woolley said:

Is this the same PK who frequently tells me I 'can't know that' if I venture a prediction about the future? Well you 'can't know'  about any storm either. Whenever I travel to UK cities nowadays the investment in them and, by extension, the confidence in the economy is obvious. Cheer up.

I guess we'll find out...

9 hours ago, P.K. said:

It must be so nice to have enough slack in your disposable to weather a storm like a no-deal fuckup.

Unfortunately in today's UK society there's an awful lot who will suffer a lot.

But hey, blue passports!

Well worth it....

it's called been in the eu.......

13 hours ago, P.K. said:

An exchange of letters between Steve Barclay who is minister for chaos and that nice Michel Barnier over the last few days.

What sort of UK exit from the EU does this look like to you...?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/brexit-preparedness-correspondence-with-the-eu-institutions

Be afraid....

the best.......

just need a vonc......bj says he's not standing down.......and calling a ge.......parliament shut down till all this is over......

:lol:

9 hours ago, P.K. said:

It must be so nice to have enough slack in your disposable to weather a storm like a no-deal fuckup.

Is this morbid speculation all you've got? Either change the record or explain your reasoning without the hysterical bluster. Where will it all go wrong? How will you be personally affected by brexit?

The obvious truth is you just don't know...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, quilp said:

Is this morbid speculation all you've got? Either change the record or explain your reasoning without the hysterical bluster. Where will it all go wrong? How will you be personally affected by brexit?

The obvious truth is you just don't know...

"Hysterical bluster" - you're so inventive.

Now, should I believe two rabid brexiteers or an experienced international trade negotiator?

Tricky one that not....

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

"Hysterical bluster" - you're so inventive.

Now, should I believe two rabid brexiteers or an experienced international trade negotiator?

Tricky one that not....

Well if the experienced international trade negotiator is working in the interests of the other side rather than your own, obviously you shouldn't be credulous enough to believe him. 

21 minutes ago, woolley said:

Well if the experienced international trade negotiator is working in the interests of the other side rather than your own, obviously you shouldn't be credulous enough to believe him. 

That's the problem the brexiteers have. They believe the "surrender" and "traitors" and all the rest of the nonsense pseudo-patriotic rhetoric they're being fed until, like their own side, anyone on the "other" side must be lying.

Your loss of judgement is all your own and you're welcome to it....

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

That's the problem the brexiteers have. They believe the "surrender" and "traitors" and all the rest of the nonsense pseudo-patriotic rhetoric they're being fed until, like their own side, anyone on the "other" side must be lying.

Not at all. I am not naive enough to believe that either side in a negotiation puts all of its options into the public domain. This is a reality that Parliament has proven itself to be either unaware of or pursuing an alternative remain agenda.  I suggest there are elements of both. 

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Not at all. I am not naive enough to believe that either side in a negotiation puts all of its options into the public domain. This is a reality that Parliament has proven itself to be either unaware of or pursuing an alternative remain agenda.  I suggest there are elements of both. 

Suggest away if it makes you feel any better.

The extreme irony of the nonsense argument that it's the "remain" faction in parliament stopping us having "our" stupid brexit is that it's the extreme LEAVE faction of the ERG that prevented it happening!

Basically it wasn't a hard enough exit for them to cash in on.

Of course the brexiteers are stupid enough to believe what the rabid UK right wing press tells them....

2 hours ago, woolley said:

I accept this with amendments. They may well rue their own hubris.  

Typical.

You just can't except the facts of the matter. 

It's like Johnson and Cleverly saying they accept the Supreme Court decision but they don't agree with it. 

Subtext : the Supreme Court has got it wrong....

However wizard wheeze - we ignore the fact that it was government leavers who scuppered "their" brexit and dress it up as parliament vs "The People". So that's the rule of law and the sovereignty of parliament undermined in one fell swoop.

Johnson and his "team" that includes Dominic Cummings really are as low as it gets. In order to advance their personal agenda nothing is too low, too small, too mean or too nasty for them...

8 hours ago, P.K. said:

who said that......:whistling: