So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

3 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

For every 10M you send 3M comes back as rebate - most of the rest comes back in subsidies for key industries, grants to regions and support for research projects. Apart from the money that goes to specific regions, most money goes to multinational ventures, such as Airbus, or this nuclear fusion project. If course, that doesn’t mean that Britain loses out, on the contrary, it get to share in multinational projects that bring many tangible and intangible benefits.

No. Incorrect. For every 10m you contribute, 2.25m comes back as rebate (or never goes in the first place). A further 2.25m comes back as EU funding into the public sector. Why don't we just keep our own money in the first place and fund ourselves? This leaves 5.5m of each 10m not coming back but used for the greater glory of the EU itself, its vanity projects or supporting the laggards. So OK, I retract my assertion that you only get 3m back for each 10m. In fact, you get 4.5m back (but less came back in 2018, it appears). Bargain!

The annual 5 year average net UK contribution according to the ONS was 9.8bn, although the EU says 7.8bn. What's 2bn between friends?

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/governmentpublicsectorandtaxes/publicsectorfinance/articles/theukcontributiontotheeubudget/2017-10-31

Edited by woolley

33 minutes ago, woolley said:

No. Incorrect. For every 10m you contribute, 2.25m comes back as rebate (or never goes in the first place). A further 2.25m comes back as EU funding into the public sector. Why don't we just keep our own money in the first place and fund ourselves? This leaves 5.5m of each 10m not coming back but used for the greater glory of the EU itself, its vanity projects or supporting the laggards. So OK, I retract my assertion that you only get 3m back for each 10m. In fact, you get 4.5m back (but less came back in 2018, it appears). Bargain!

The annual 5 year average net UK contribution according to the ONS was 9.8bn, although the EU says 7.8bn. What's 2bn between friends?

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/governmentpublicsectorandtaxes/publicsectorfinance/articles/theukcontributiontotheeubudget/2017-10-31

I suspect you are forgetting that for every trade deal the EU made with countries like Japan the UK benefits from cheaper imports and no WTO tariffs on exports.

Which is why after Japan for example had signed a trade deal with the EU when Liam Fox turned up to sign "the easiest trade deals in human history" the Japanese politely told him to piss off and take his stupid brexit with him.

But hey, don't let the facts of the matter get in the way of your VERY simplistic sop to the stupid with the £size of the UK contribution to the EU minus the UK £rebate equals how much the EU is costing UK PLC....

Not.

It's just pathetic.....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I suspect you are forgetting that for every trade deal the EU made with countries like Japan the UK benefits from cheaper imports and no WTO tariffs on exports.

Which is why after Japan for example had signed a trade deal with the EU when Liam Fox turned up to sign "the easiest trade deals in human history" the Japanese politely told him to piss off and take his stupid brexit with him.

But hey, don't let the facts of the matter get in the way of your VERY simplistic sop to the stupid with the £size of the UK contribution to the EU minus the UK £rebate equals how much the EU is costing UK PLC....

Not.

It's just pathetic.....

Good Morning, Mr Angry. I was merely correcting the information posted regarding contributions.

37 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Not.

It's just pathetic.....

they haven't......

1 hour ago, woolley said:

The point I was making is that what you might call a ‘vanity project’ others, eg; de Pfeffer-Johnson, might call “a global lead in fusion research ... on the verge of creating commercially viable miniature fusion reactors for sale around the world, delivering virtually unlimited zero-carbon power” - made possible through not only funding, but collaboration, freedom of movement, common standards and pooled resources.

11 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

The point I was making is that what you might call a ‘vanity project’ others, eg; de Pfeffer-Johnson, might call “a global lead in fusion research ... on the verge of creating commercially viable miniature fusion reactors for sale around the world, delivering virtually unlimited zero-carbon power” - made possible through not only funding, but collaboration, freedom of movement, common standards and pooled resources.

Right.