Last Minute Poll

Amadeus

Olympic City 2012  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The award of the 2012 games tothe UK is NOT good news.

The 2004 event cost the Greeks IRO $10-12 billion US .

Let's wait and see what happens - not all Olympic cities lost money on the event - Salt Lake, LA and many others came out with a plus and the long term value should not be underestimated.

The term Olympic City can be used for tourism purposes for a long time to come (trust me on that one - my hometown had the winter games in 1936 and still calls itself "olympic city")

So let's at least celebrate that the frogs didn't get it - any "the french didn't get it" jokes anyone?

Good to see Rog looking on the bright side, for once!

Ok I'll admit it. I was wrong Live 8 did achieve something. At a timely moment it reminded the World that Britain does do these things rather well.

absolutely fantastic news, can't wait, Olympics is the pinnacle of sport for me. I do think that sports which have more prestigious events i.e football-world cup, tennis-grand slams built up through history should not be included in the games though

Any opinions on who will light the flame at opening ceremony my money would be on Sir Steven Redgrave.

I'll probably be having a cigarette at the time and I won't mind chucking the odd match in if you want!

I do like it when I'm right! (Before the event is called!)

Stav.

:P

Rog. your'e a xxxxxxx tit.

If you got of your arse for a minute...but hey you might be losing money if you did that.

It might be nice where you are, the Broads and all of that, but there are some places that are complete xxxx tips in the UK...one being the Olympic venue.

Have you never thought what the games are going to do for regeneration?

Take Gorton in Manchester, scene of the comedy drama Shameless...as xxxx as it gets, a legacy to that 'wonderful' woman Thatcher.

But hey...its on the up, it now has one of the best stadiums in the world, home of the Comonwealth games (a great success).

New houses are appearing, there's optimism about, similar to Liverpool...city of culture.

Not everything is about money, i'm sure any increase in your taxes will be 'lost ' on your 'imaginative' tax return as so many of you business men appear so good at.

Oh and lastly...its Blair..and Labour.

If you don't like this country Rog. then naff off, i'm suprised you don't return to the IOM...what with the financial advantages.

Your'e like Vader on steriods. :angry:

So many jokes out there already - reason enough to dedicate some webspace towards it - I've put all the ones up I saw until now, to be found here - if you have any more, let me know...

This one has got to be the best, although it's a little on the mean side:

French Boy before the vote:

FrenchBoybefore.jpg

And after:

FrenchBoyafter.jpg

Poor fella...

Archived