IRA thug dead

TheTeapot

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is dead then?

Martin McGuinness. Have you really not read or heard any news today?

Yes, really. Well, hopefully Gerry Adams will join him.

In other good news, scumbag David Rockefeller is dead. Best news I've heard all year.

A british agent long before entering parliament. Much like gerry adams

There is no reason to believe this - only dissident conspiracy nonsense - often from those more concerned for tradition than for daily life and social conditions in the north.

He was clearly a hugely instrumental part of moving the situation from conflict towards reconciliation and sharing. Only someone who commanded genuine respect and authority could have carried the Republican mainstream with him. Tebbit's bitterness is natural - but he is wrong to call him a coward. Since he clearly took incredible personal risks in talking to London.

A british agent long before entering parliament. Much like gerry adams

There is no reason to believe this - only dissident conspiracy nonsense - often from those more concerned for tradition than for daily life and social conditions in the north.

He was clearly a hugely instrumental part of moving the situation from conflict towards reconciliation and sharing. Only someone who commanded genuine respect and authority could have carried the Republican mainstream with him. Tebbit's bitterness is natural - but he is wrong to call him a coward. Since he clearly took incredible personal risks in talking to London.

I served in northern ireland pongo so i don't quite see how that tallies with me speaking dissident conspiracy nonsense.

Both compromised. Both would already be dead otherwise

If they had been compromised then they would also have been already dead. It works both ways, exactly the same.

The excellent BBC journalist Peter Taylor has documented this long road over many years. They would have been identified as people with whom it was possible to find the words and conditions around which those private conversations could become a public dialogue. But that does not imply compromise - it implies their leadership roles. The history shows that the Provisionals were talking to London from their formation, often via UK Foreign Office representatives based in Dublin - and often to the consternation, or without the knowledge of, the military in the north. And typically against the wishes of many traditional Republicans.

Archived