Explosions On London Underground...

Mission

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There were reports a memo had been circulated to staff to look out for a 6ft 2in black or Asian man with wires sticking out of his top.

He shouldn't be too difficult to find!

Stav.

hope all the neo-libs on this forum have prised off the blinkers now about the extent of the threat posed to the general community by muslims. There were four people prepared to die a couple of weeks ago and another four today and there will probably be hundreds of other britons ready to suicide bomb the innocent, just waiting for the command. Time to wake up..unfortunately it seems that the very commendable comments from the muslim community are coming too little too late, I fear. They should have been doing this after the attacks in America but really paid lip service to making the right noises.

How lucky was London yesterday?

The would-be suicide attackers again targeted three Tubes and a bus with rucksack bombs.

But though detonators exploded causing panic, miraculously every main charge failed and no one was injured.

Mirror.co.uk, from today

Some papers like the Mirror suggest that only the detonators went off, but failed to ignite the actual explosives - others put it down to the explosives being from the same badge used two weeks ago and having "gone off" in the meanwhile - whatever it was, I am truly glad to hear that the people behind this have not reached their goal on this occasion and I hope they never will again...

this is scary stuff. I was going to catch the train from Gatwick to Victoria when I leave in Dec, but don't know what to do now - I know it's not good to let these buggas get to you, but it's getting too frightening now to be honest to even consider going on public transport in London

Personally I find it a bit odd that the police "pushed him to the floor, bundled on top of him and unloaded five shots into him".

Wouldnt it be fair to say that he would have been incapacitated enough by having 5 full grown men on top of him?

Dont get me wrong, Ive no sympathy for any terrorist, shooting is too good for these bastards. But as the guy was clearly incapacitated, wouldnt it have served the police better to take him into custody and question him?

What does anybody else think?

Conflicting reports, others are saying he was shot stumbling onto a train (Sky News)

Ah right, I got mine off the BBC.

The Sky version would make more sense.

Edited to add : "He half-tripped, was half-pushed to the floor.

"One of the police officers was holding a black automatic pistol in his left hand. They held it down to him and unloaded five shots into him. I saw it. "

That was from the eyewitness accounts on sky.

Wouldnt it be fair to say that he would have been incapacitated enough by having 5 full grown men on top of him?

One report suggests he had wires visible on his person. Dunno about you, but I'd rather remove any chance he has of detonating any device by killing him. The trigger could be in the palm of his hand.

One report suggests he had wires visible on his person. Dunno about you, but I'd rather remove any chance he has of detonating any device by killing him. The trigger could be in the palm of his hand.

You're right there, fair play.

Archived