Explosions On London Underground...

Mission

Personally I find it a bit odd that the police "pushed him to the floor, bundled on top of him and unloaded five shots into him".

Wouldnt it be fair to say that he would have been incapacitated enough by having 5 full grown men on top of him?

Dont get me wrong, Ive no sympathy for any terrorist,  shooting is too good for these bastards.  But as the guy was clearly incapacitated, wouldnt it have served the police better to take him into custody and question him?

What does anybody else think?

Just a pity he died. Would have been much better if they had crippled the bastard from the neck down

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally I find it a bit odd that the police "pushed him to the floor, bundled on top of him and unloaded five shots into him".

Wouldnt it be fair to say that he would have been incapacitated enough by having 5 full grown men on top of him?

Dont get me wrong, Ive no sympathy for any terrorist,  shooting is too good for these bastards.  But as the guy was clearly incapacitated, wouldnt it have served the police better to take him into custody and question him?

Just a pity he died. Would have been much better if they had crippled the bastard from the neck down

At least then they could still have interrogated the bastard

hope all the neo-libs on this forum have prised off the blinkers now about the extent of the threat posed to the general community by muslims. There were four people prepared to die a couple of weeks ago and another four today and there will probably be hundreds of other britons ready to suicide bomb the innocent, just waiting for the command. Time to wake up..unfortunately it seems that the very commendable comments from the muslim community are coming too little too late, I fear. They should have been doing this after the attacks in America but really paid lip service to making the right noises.

What total racist, bigoted utter crapulence!

That statement has the logistical equivalent of tarring all Christians in the world with the same brush as the Wako nutters.

Yeah, dead right, i mean it's not like our police have a history of shooting innocent people so the guy's gotta be a bad un.

You live by the sword you die by the sword.

The police simply, will not take any risk.

If they think you are armed and you refuse to do as they say, they will shoot you dead.

It can't really be any other way.

Personally I find it a bit odd that the

You live by the sword you die by the sword.

The police simply, will not take any risk.

If they think you are armed and you refuse to do as they say, they will shoot you dead.

It can't really be any other way.

I know this topic has many miles on it but are you relly advocating a license to kill regardless of the innocence of the person who was shot?

I think (at least in this case) it's less a question of a license to kill, but more of making a split-second decision while chasing someone into a crowded, public area - there's not much time to think and I'm pretty sure no Cop likes to shoot anyone.

Let's observe the news to get a fuller picture of what happened...

I know this topic has many miles on it but are you relly advocating a license to kill regardless of the innocence of the person who was shot?

I wouldn't exactly say a license to kill - that makes sound a bit gung-ho, but certainly considering the people they are dealing with they are really left with little choice. If someone is willing to die and take as many lives as possible the only way to stop them is to kill them before they can acheive their objective. In Madrid the bombers blew themselves up when the cops tracked them down - their aim was to take out the cops as well. Death is a universal escape clause for people of this mind.

I understand what you are saying guys but a lot of time and money is spent training these officers for just those situations, also i would agree that not all situations can be anticipated , however this does not allow them carte blanche, ie he shot the guy, he must therefore have been a bad un. The threat from the terrorists is enough without the worry of shoot first, ask questions later.

Given we dont know this instance yet so we cant judge, but i seem to be getting that if an innocent person misjudges a situation through the same stress and fear that armed officers suffer from, the he may be legitimatly shot dead? Please tell me im wrong.

So what would have you done?

From Sky News:

Chris Wells, a 28-year-old company manager, said he was travelling on the Victoria Line towards Vauxhall when he left the train at Stockwell.

He saw about 20 police officers, some of them armed, rushing into the station before a man jumped over the barriers with police giving chase.

He said: "There were at least 20 officers and they were carrying big black guns.

"The next thing I saw was this guy jump over the barriers and the police officers were chasing after him and everyone was just shouting 'get out, get out'."

bigdave and matty; take yer heads out of yer fat arses and use a couple of brain cells; nothing I said was racist..the muslim community has been slow in identifying the threat within the community. Ask yourself, no even better, go and see for yourself, even now, how little a response the security services are getting from muslims..there's a lot of fear and resentment there and even now there isn't the level of co-operation being given which you'd expect. I made the fascist mistake of saying that in terms of security threats Muslims were the only game in town which is factually correct but politically incorrect. That in no way suggests that all muslims are bad (yawn). Look, I've got a lot of time for guys like shahid malik, they put up with a lot stick, likewise Musharraf today calling for nothing less than a jihad to wrench control back from the extremists; they may be a minority but make one hell of a mess; just a couple thousand maybe but they need people to turn a blind eye, justify it intellectually and so on. Go and actually talk to some muslims and see how close many come to justifying/excusing/failing to condone these recent attacks and you'll get the Iraq/palestine/chechnya treatment..

So what would have you done?

From Sky News:

Chris Wells, a 28-year-old company manager, said he was travelling on the Victoria Line towards Vauxhall when he left the train at Stockwell.

He saw about 20 police officers, some of them armed, rushing into the station before a man jumped over the barriers with police giving chase.

He said: "There were at least 20 officers and they were carrying big black guns.

"The next thing I saw was this guy jump over the barriers and the police officers were chasing after him and everyone was just shouting 'get out, get out'."

Polski ypu are deflecting from the point, what i/you could/would have done is far from it, what worries me is the feeling im getting that people are accepting that it is ok to shoot first and if it turns out that they were innocent, well tough luck. A fine and noble sentiment until its your son lying bleeding because he panicked.

Is it the case that we are bringing peace and freedom to the middle east whilst losing the same at home?

Archived