Explosions On London Underground...

Mission

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats a real shame.  I understand that the girl that was on all the front pages with the mask on her face was from WJB.  Puts it all in to perspective doesnt it???

yeah she does work for WJB - pretty scary that we know 2 ppl in it. One from DFL camp and one from MJW camp.

I belive KF and new wife jenni were having a row before getting on the tube, they missed it and got on the next one - and the one in front was the one that got bombed - and KF is also Rachelle's boss!

CNV called me this morning with the news re Rachelle - they are all pretty cut up about it - as you can imagine, but at least the family can start to grieve properly and try to move on.

Truly sensless death - my heart really goes out to the families involved.

this is the official statement from my company

London explosion: Rachelle Chung for Yuen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rachelle was killed in the explosion close to King’s Cross station on her way to the office near Piccadilly.

Rachelle was 27 and came to live in the UK from Mauritius. She joined the Accounting Department at XXXXXXXXXXXX in May 2004. Her colleagues will remember her as a helpful, happy person who will be dearly missed by all who knew and worked with her.

We extend our deepest condolences to her husband Billy and to her family, and wish them the strength to bear this great loss.

When a tragedy such as this happens it's often the case that the sheer weight of numbers tends to dull the senses. When it becomes possible to focus on an individual case such as this one, however, the sense of loss becomes far more apparent. It's as if we have a common factor that can then be multiplied to gain greater comprehension of the agonies that so many are suffering.

I think it's reasonable to say that the hearts of everyone who reads this thread will go out to the parents and relatives of the young lady, and to everyone who knew her.

Ken Livingstone gave his first interview since the bombing on R4 this morning. Well worth a listen. Coincidentally like Giuliano on 9-11 he is exactly the right man in the right place at the right time. Thinking about the man himself and what he had to say really put Tynwald and it's lightweights into perspective.

http://www0.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/listena...on_20050720.ram

Ken Livingstone gave his first interview since the bombing on R4 this morning. Well worth a listen. Coincidentally like Giuliano on 9-11 he is exactly the right man in the right place at the right time. Thinking about the man himself and what he had to say really put Tynwald and it's lightweights into perspective.

http://www0.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/listena...on_20050720.ram

Ken Livingstone drew admiration from many people for the way he conducted himself in the immediate aftermath of the bombings. Unfortunately, he seems to have had a change of mind in the last day or so. This story in the FT is very revealing.

FT Story

Can anyone understand the change in direction ?

It was a minor explosion but enough to blow open his rucksack.

The man who was holding the rucksack looked extremely dismayed.

I'd imagine that he'd have been a bit more than "dismayed"

Stav.

Archived