Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

Must be a hell of a steel framed building for that sort of money ! Even with a posh interior !

Looking at build costs for steel framed offices,(I know this is a bespoke building but) I get the feeling someone is having a giraffe !

Edited by asitis
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, asitis said:

Must be a hell of a steel framed building for that sort of money ! Even with a posh interior !

Looking at build costs for steel framed offices,(I know this is a bespoke building but) I get the feeling someone is having a giraffe !

How do you know how much the building is costing?

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

How do you know how much the building is costing?

I don't it could be FOC but as sure as hell 70 million + is going somewhere and I don't believe for one minute the politicos who voted on this have seen a full breakdown of who and for what !

• Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, asitis said:

I don't it could be FOC but as sure as hell 70 million + is going somewhere and I don't believe for one minute the politicos who voted on this have seen a full breakdown of who and for what !

I am sure that of the £70M, only a fraction will be for the building.

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

I am sure that of the £70M, only a fraction will be for the building.

Do they know what fraction though ? 1/4 or 1/2 ? my point is we have voted to go ahead with a project that is already financially compromised and have been railroaded into carrying on as the costs of pulling out are already too expensive.

I look forward to the enquiry.

Meanwhile front line services are starved of cash and we borrow 400 million.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, asitis said:

Do they know what fraction though ? 1/4 or 1/2 ? my point is we have voted to go ahead with a project that is already financially compromised and have been railroaded into carrying on as the costs of pulling out are already too expensive.

I look forward to the enquiry.

Meanwhile front line services are starved of cash and we borrow 400 million.

We don't know. But such buildings have a high cost certainty I.e what gets quoted is normally close to the actual price as they are off the peg designs with little risk. Maybe somewhere around £2M I estimate. 

The wharfe/ Dock is a different proposition altogether. 

• Like 1

The new Braddan Community Centre is also coming in @ £7M from memory. Personally, I can't see any Govt-funded building which would aspire to being the, "Gateway to the Island" being much less than twice that.

10 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

The new Braddan Community Centre is also coming in @ £7M from memory. Personally, I can't see any Govt-funded building which would aspire to being the, "Gateway to the Island" being much less than twice that.

The building isn't very big. Remember its just the terminal building and not a welcome centre/DOI offices. Waiting room, check in area, toilets, office