Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

56 minutes ago, snowman said:

A cheapo interior with a few tables and chairs ! Not saying that's not what is needed for a waiting area, but FFS it doesn't look value for money ! Now I realise that the value for money bit is hidden in the groundworks, possibly in someones back garden LOL !!!

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

When, I wonder, will we get to see the layout and interior design of this edifice?

All I've seen so far are a couple of photos of the site with proposed terminal from the air. What about all the design features? Or aren't there any?

When does the GMT get to see what it's supposed to look like?

Why is everything about this project clouded in feckin' secrecy?

It's a ferry terminal. What do you expect to see. Wildebeest galloping accross the serengheti. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

It's a ferry terminal. What do you expect to see. Wildebeest galloping accross the serengheti. 

In which case, I suggest you move to a terminal nearer the sea. Or preferably in it.

I would hope there will be a cafe at least? Not the shitty vending machines which currently grace the Liverpool terminal. Also, has anyone ever seen the serving hatch at the so called cafe in the Heysham terminal open?

16 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

In which case, I suggest you move to a terminal nearer the sea. Or preferably in it.

I would hope there will be a cafe at least? Not the shitty vending machines which currently grace the Liverpool terminal. Also, has anyone ever seen the serving hatch at the so called cafe in the Heysham terminal open?

You have to remember it's only open for an hour or so a day. In Liverpool. Half of the year. Come on, who wants an Al a carte meal when waiting the the ferry.

Some people on here need to get real. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SleepyJoe said:

Couldn't they just move the big portakabin thing they're currently using down to the Half Paidfor Dock?

It was costed at about £10m to do that but was thrown out as DOI wanted it to be able to handle HGVs and coaches which the floating dock can't at the moment. Oops. 

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

You have to remember it's only open for an hour or so a day. In Liverpool. Half of the year. Come on, who wants an Al a carte meal when waiting the the ferry.

Its going to have 3 legs emblem emblazoned on its side. It will be the Manx Embassy. 

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Is it going to have a cafe? Or like the current landing stage portakabin a couple of vending machines?