Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

Quite honestly it sickens me to think of the good that 70 million plus could do here on island to sort out Health and Social problems. Government vote to continue with this uncosted farce, whilst we have a fuel crisis for the vulnerable and a commercial radio station runs a (laudable) appeal for food banks !

I wonder if any of them will have the brass neck to go and cut the ribbon when it opens.

In my view this is a gross misuse of taxpayers money, and a full report should be presented to the public explaining how we have engineered ourselves into this position and who took the decisions.

They should also release the report into the Steam Packet which the public purse paid for to the tune of 100k, I have a feeling that would make an interesting bed time read.

Sorry for the rant need coffee !!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 11:20 PM, Roger Mexico said:

I suspect in reality the legal situation with the lack of a Single Legal Entity shouldn't make much difference, but it's far too good an excuse for letting Departments ignore the expensive shenanigans that others get up to - and hoping that they will return the compliment. There was some progress[1], everyone claims they think it's a good idea and yet things mysteriously stalled in 2017. 

It would be interesting to know @Chris Thomas's thoughts on the matter, though I think he may have got quite a list of things he worked on in Cabinet Office that mysterious ran into the sand.

True. Is there really such interest? 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Could you expand on that response?

Thanks for question. Roger Mexico is correct that there were many projects in Cabinet Office and Council of Ministers in 2020 that Government were more able to put aside after my sacking. For instance economic regulation, 'generational thinking', rates modernization, application of needs and means testing principles, smart services framework, One Public Service etc.. This is a thread on Liverpool dock. Each of these matters could be considered in their own thread, existing or new. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chris Thomas said:

Thanks for question. Roger Mexico is correct that there were many projects in Cabinet Office and Council of Ministers in 2020 that Government were more able to put aside after my sacking. For instance economic regulation, 'generational thinking', rates modernization, application of needs and means testing principles, smart services framework, One Public Service etc.. This is a thread on Liverpool dock. Each of these matters could be considered in their own thread, existing or new. 

And there you have it. The problem with Mr Thomas. Instead of “No” - one word - he used 72 - and actually said nothing, anyway.

• Like 2

Is it me or do these two clowns need a lesson in "reading the room" !
Still when the enquiry starts it's two more to be called !!

O9Zcnyz-_normal.jpg

Isle of Man Chief Minister

@iomcm
· 1h
Chief Minister @alfredcannan MHK and Minister @TimCrookall MHK attended the unveiling of Triskelion Way with @MayorLpool Joanne Anderson. The road will lead down to the new Isle of Man Ferry Terminal in Liverpool.

30 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Apparently they brought some cheap meat back with them!!!

And cheap Manx beer.

Is the Mayoress pictured any relation of Joe Anderson then, he presumably hasn't been stripped of his title if she is?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, asitis said:
Is it me or do these two clowns need a lesson in "reading the room" !
Still when the enquiry starts it's two more to be called !!

O9Zcnyz-_normal.jpg

Isle of Man Chief Minister

@iomcm
· 1h
Chief Minister @alfredcannan MHK and Minister @TimCrookall MHK attended the unveiling of Triskelion Way with @MayorLpool Joanne Anderson. The road will lead down to the new Isle of Man Ferry Terminal in Liverpool.

Should be named

"Hundred Million Way"

• Like 5