Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

It would all depend on the terms of the lease and the planning permissions granted. If a restaurant were feasible it would also depend on parking, local resident nuisance and the catchment area? But the Chinese idea sounds good!!!

11 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Cheap laughs. This supposedly clever retort has surely run its course by now

There are many in government who stood to make things better and in the interests of the populace, and far from sitting on their backsides are working bloody hard to make it so. Fortunately they know that such twatty remarks are part of the territory and although they may jar they can brush them aside.

They don’t always, and never will always get it right.

To use another overused response. If you think you can do better have a go yourself

Thanks Alf

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I spent my working life in business.

You must be as frustrated as the rest of us then, at the profligate waste of public funds the Government have made a speciality of over the years ! If you did that in private business you would be out on your arse !

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gladys said:

It would be handy to have that in English. 

Sorry. Didn't have my reading specs.

I meant miles 

IMO any cafe would need subsidy to operate. It would only get business for odd hours each day. Its hard enough to run a cage business with customers all day long, harder still if they are only there for an hour in the morning. 

Just my view. 

35 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Sorry. Didn't have my reading specs.

I meant miles 

IMO any cafe would need subsidy to operate. It would only get business for odd hours each day. Its hard enough to run a cage business with customers all day long, harder still if they are only there for an hour in the morning. 

Just my view. 

If the cafe is run by people who know what they are doing, there is scope for all day business. 

33 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Hat-tip to Observer for the link.

Tell me what we're getting for our @£100M again...? Was it two vending machines?

Screenshot_20220713-185958_Chrome.jpg

And it would pay a return as well with rent from all that real estate. 

2 hours ago, Passing Time said:

our lot will be over there with a cheque book before the end of the week

They'll be writing cheques they can't cash if rumours about a dip in the value of reserves is to be believed.

• Like 1