Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

11 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Your para 1. The fact that PH advised IoMG of potential difficulties with the site prior to purchase and anything being signed.

That information from an MHK.

If that is true then Government are even bigger fools than even I though possible. I presume it will be the civil servants who yet again decided that they "know better". To get to the bottom of this entire fiasco some of our MHK's need to start talking to site acquisition and construction professionals to understand what should have been done and where it all went wrong. Then they stand a chance of cutting through the bullshit they have been fed so far and can ask some sensible questions which may enable them and us to understand what has gone wrong and how we have spent £70m+ for a shed and a linkspan. 

Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council built Shakespeare North for £38m - recently completed and apparently within budget!! 

Perhaps your MHK should put his head above the parapet and tell his colleagues the information he has!!!      

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mistercee said:

Perhaps your MHK should put his head above the parapet and tell his colleagues the information he has!!!      

In the casually candid fashion that he advised me (pre-election), it certainly didn't sound like it was any sort of secret, more like common knowledge.

PAC are now tasked with investigating matters, let's hope that it's no holds barred and some people are held to account if necessary. Of course that's if they haven't already floated off into the sunset.

Another hand-wringing and lessons will be learned statement on the way.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

In the casually candid fashion that he advised me (pre-election), it certainly didn't sound like it was any sort of secret, more like common knowledge.

PAC are now tasked with investigating matters, let's hope that it's no holds barred and some people are held to account if necessary. Of course that's if they haven't already floated off into the sunset.

Another hand-wringing and lessons will be learned statement on the way.

Yes.  You made the same point in a post on this thread on 21 December last year.  You also suggested that that might have been the reason that Peel Holdings withdrew their original offer to build the dock at no cost to the Manx taxpayer and the reason that costs have rocketed thereafter.  It would be nice if somebody looked into it...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ghost Ship said:

Yes.  You made the same point in a post on this thread on 21 December last year.  You also suggested that that might have been the reason that Peel Holdings withdrew their original offer to build the dock at no cost to the Manx taxpayer and the reason that costs have rocketed thereafter.  It would be nice if somebody looked into it...

Thursday last @asitis advised that an MLC has said we've been sold a pup.

These people know full well what has happened, they're just not broadcasting it yet and are probably waiting for the PAC to formalise it. SPCo are claiming that they were never consulted, Lars Ugland has already had a pop about that.

When the report is complete the dodging will start and the promises that it could never happen again. But people will have already departed so nothing will be done in that respect.

Much earlier in the thread there are also pics of huge cracks in the existing dock/River walls; what happens when they need to be addressed?

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Thursday last @asitis advised that an MLC has said we've been sold a pup.

These people know full well what has happened, they're just not broadcasting it yet and are probably waiting for the PAC to formalise it. SPCo are claiming that they were never consulted, Lars Ugland has already had a pop about that.

When the report is complete the dodging will start and the promises that it could never happen again. But people will have already departed so nothing will be done in that respect.

Much earlier in the thread there are also pics of huge cracks in the existing dock/River walls; what happens when they need to be addressed?

Another 100 million?

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

If I win the euro on Tuesday I would not be adverse to hiring a forensic accountant firm, if you think Government would let them loose on the paper work

The only thing getting let loose on this paperwork is probably a shredder !

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

If I win the euro on Tuesday I would not be adverse to hiring a forensic accountant firm, if you think Government would let them loose on the paper work

And what difference would that make?
Never mind being averse, It would better use of your winnings ( or a proportion thereof) to give it to a worthy charitable cause. Say WaterAid, which I have just plucked out of the air, having watched too much afternoon television