Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

8 minutes ago, finlo said:

70+million doesn't just vanish into thin air!

It did in our case!!! It would probably require a civil engineer to say what was required, anticipated and unanticipted to give us any idea of how far we have been led down the garden................

It's so easy for reasonable explanations to offered !!!!!!!!

• Like 1

A mirror of the MEA, we dealt with the fallout of excessive unpredicted expenditure but never actually drilled down into where the cash had actually gone !

Such a shame we continue to burn money without it seems 'checks and balances ' being in place.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Be fair, it's a good promotional video !

What are the tall buildings behind the Town houses? Apartments or industrial? Can one walk to them from the Terminal? Is the Everton stadium to the left? How far?

Sorry for the questions, don't know the area.

7 minutes ago, Kopek said:

What are the tall buildings behind the Town houses? Apartments or industrial? Can one walk to them from the Terminal? Is the Everton stadium to the left? How far?

Yes it is, but to be fair, you, I and the GMT are paying for them! I would love to know if these videos are included in the overall cost, or they an add on extra? Are we paying a PR company to do the video?

I watched with interest the CGI image of the upstairs departure lounge - no signs of the vending machines. You would have thought it would be more realistic.

Edited by 2112

2 hours ago, Kopek said:

NEW EVERTON STADIUM | BRAMLEY-MOORE DOCK | VIRTUAL FLYTHROUGH - YouTube

Anyone else notice the doric column waiting for a statue to be put on top a la Trafalgar Square?

image.thumb.jpeg.a075a1077882ce22b137c32ab4e3ff52.jpeg

Got me thinking about all our great leaders who would be suitable - Tony Brown, Alan Bell, Howard Quayle, Alf Canon and many others. Then I had a better idea - what about a giant polished turd?

Any other suggestions?

• Haha 2

So a spectacular seafront location and they've specced a building that keeps everyone penned in, sweating behind glass, away from fresh air and the world outside. What's the betting they do the same with the new boat too? They do seem to be striving to make what could be an enjoyable boat crossing into something as much like a hellish UK airport experience as possible.