Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

I feel so much more relaxed about the £70,000,000 spent so far after watching the video. Perhaps things aren't so bad after all and when they come knocking for another £30,000,000 we should just hand it over!

Edited by Max Power
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, NoTail said:

Anyone else notice the doric column waiting for a statue to be put on top a la Trafalgar Square?

image.thumb.jpeg.a075a1077882ce22b137c32ab4e3ff52.jpeg

Got me thinking about all our great leaders who would be suitable - Tony Brown, Alan Bell, Howard Quayle, Alf Canon and many others. Then I had a better idea - what about a giant polished turd?

Any other suggestions?

A giant dildo to illustrate how the GMT has been utterly screwed by the DoI. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Passing Time said:

The video was so accurate, I withdrew some of my savings to send to Liverpool to help out

I think we're all doing that already, to the tune of £70M+...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, P.K. said:

Is vehicular access independent from that of the Everton Stadium?

Yes, it’s off Jesse Hartley Way from Waterloo Road, just past CostCo. Everton is much further along. Past Titanic. I think Waterloo Road has become Regent Road by then.

Of course access to both is by Great Howard Way/Derby Road. It’ll be hell on match/event days.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Yes, it’s off Jesse Hartley Way from Waterloo Road, just past CostCo. Everton is much further along. Past Titanic. I think Waterloo Road has become Regent Road by then.

Of course access to both is by Great Howard Way/Derby Road. It’ll be hell on match/event days.

will it matter that much given they rarely sail to Liverpool during the winter?

47 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

The idea with the new boat is that it will be able to fit on the berth, so it will go to Liverpool through the Winter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

The idea with the new boat is that it will be able to fit on the berth, so it will go to Liverpool through the Winter.

You're right but I doubt we will see it happen often. The planning restriction on not being able to ship freight through the new terminal (except for emergencies) will probably put pay to it visiting that often when the freight will need shipping from Heysham. Perhaps Saturday and Sunday daytime sailings like the Ben used to do at Birkenhead? 

Unless they use the Ben and Manxman in the winter for a new timetable that we're not privy to yet? 

1 hour ago, Passing Time said:

49 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

39 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

You're right but I doubt we will see it happen often. The planning restriction on not being able to ship freight through the new terminal (except for emergencies) will probably put pay to it visiting that often when the freight will need shipping from Heysham. Perhaps Saturday and Sunday daytime sailings like the Ben used to do at Birkenhead? 

Unless they use the Ben and Manxman in the winter for a new timetable that we're not privy to yet? 

Well the soccer season runs August to May. And regular sailings on the fast craft are April to October. So that’s 5 months overlap.

Assuming they use Manxman one rotation a day to Liverpool on winter weekends ( Saturday/Sunday ) that’s another 5 months of every other Saturday clashes for a 3pm kick off?

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Well the soccer season runs August to May. And regular sailings on the fast craft are April to October. So that’s 5 months overlap.

Assuming they use Manxman one rotation a day to Liverpool on winter weekends ( Saturday/Sunday ) that’s another 5 months of every other Saturday clashes for a 3pm kick off?

Unless Everton get picked for TV then they won't kick off at 3pm... but that's unlikely because nobody would pay to watch them on TV. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Unless Everton get picked for TV then they won't kick off at 3pm... but that's unlikely because nobody would pay to watch them on TV. 

It’s why I said match/event days in my original post. It’s not just the 19 home matches, it’s the various cup events and anything else they put on.

Sailings with the SeaCat will no doubt continue arriving into Liverpool at 09.45 and 17.45 and departing from Liverpool at 11.15 and 19.15. Potential evening kick off clash. 

Manxman winter weekends will be an 08.00 departure arriving 12.30 and departing 14.00, if previous timetables are maintained.

• Like 1