Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

9 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Do you seriously expect Messiah Thomas to actually be sympathetic, take one for the team, and try to do something? His ego won’t let him. A big disappointment especially when he was first voted in, he was someone who actually looked at things and was critical. 

Do you expect him to swing over and give them a hand? Surely we can't really blame him for this monumental cockup. The damage was done many years ago when it was in plannings and investigation stage. 

It's been damage limitation for the last 2 years. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Do you expect him to swing over and give them a hand? Surely we can't really blame him for this monumental cockup. The damage was done many years ago when it was in plannings and investigation stage. 

It's been damage limitation for the last 2 years. 

Yeah, but essentially he said the project is behind schedule because they couldn't predict the weather would be bad in the winter.

You can't say shit like that and not expect a response.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

It has been windier than normal. 

Has it really though?

I thought this winter was supposed to be milder than normal due to El Nino? or something like that.

I cant say I have noticed any big storms either, in fact we haven't has a "Named" storm this winter so CT is just regurgitating bull from his masters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Has it really though?

I thought this winter was supposed to be milder than normal due to El Nino? or something like that.

I cant say I have noticed any big storms either, in fact we haven't has a "Named" storm this winter so CT is just regurgitating bull from his masters.

Another one assimilated to the Borg!

10 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Has it really though?

Deffo mild down here, one night sub-zero, otherwise regularly 10C or more during the day. As for wind - only from my spaniel.

Does seem like bull.

41 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Looks very complicated. Can anyone give us an executive summary.

I reckon January was milder than average but wetter and definitely windier.

It's just a hunch 

15 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Looks very complicated. Can anyone give us an executive summary.

I reckon January was milder than average but wetter and definitely windier.

It's just a hunch 

January had it all. It froze earlier in the month, caused a snow day. There was a week of savage south westerlies and associated rain bands, its been in double figures quite often, though there hasn't been much sunshine. Thursday 19th was sunny, but other than that its mostly been grey. For someone who spends quite a lot of time outside working it was a challenging but not awful month really. Winter.

7 hours ago, Hoops said:

Yeah, but essentially he said the project is behind schedule because they couldn't predict the weather would be bad in the winter.

You can't say shit like that and not expect a response.

Perhaps he should put brain into gear before engaging mouth. In all fairness, Messiah Thomas has set himself up as the islands saviour, he who will restore the DOIs reputation …… 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Happier diner said:

It has been windier than normal. 

My Uncle was in the merchant navy, he travelled the world. He's sailed the Atlantic, the Pacific, regularly through the Bay of Biscay, even rounded the Cape of Good Hope in his time.

If you were to ask him what the worst crossing he'd ever known was he would without fail single out Liverpool to Douglas when coming home on leave. I know part of that is to do with the depth of the Irish Sea, but if there's one type of weather this part of the world is known for, it is without a doubt wind.

To say that an already significantly delayed, monumentally over budget project has been further delay due to windy weather in January is bullshit in its purest form. If Chris Thomas had the slightest wit or integrity he wouldn't have repeated such a condescending, nonsensical reason to the Manx public, who I feel would have taken the further setback better were the news broken with some honesty and respect.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1