Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

3 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Just listening to that prat (misspelt)Thomas on the NPM. Waffling on about shite, may be june next year good progress being made. Is he fucking deluded good progress would have been open 18 months ago and boats loadin and unloading, not the shower of shite we are experiencing. And oh waiting for compensation claims and the such before cost can be totaled. More like can be hidden, if the people who are running this shit show have clauses for delays and we are entitled  to compensation it will be the first time. And to be honest I would not believe one syllable uttered by the honerable ass holes. 

It will be interesting what the PAC interpret from the contracts drawn up presumably by the AGs Chambers. Unless IOMG paid a decent experienced UK law firm to advise and draw up the contracts? If there are failures from within IOMG then heads should roll.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 2112 said:

It will be interesting what the PAC interpret from the contracts drawn up presumably by the AGs Chambers. Unless IOMG paid a decent experienced UK law firm to advise and draw up the contracts? If there are failures from within IOMG then heads should roll.

I don’t think there will be any penalty clauses in the contract as the AG’s office does not like to write them. And as for heads rolling, are you new here?

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

I don’t think there will be any penalty clauses in the contract as the AG’s office does not like to write them. And as for heads rolling, are you new here?

So as per usual the GMP/taxpayers bear the cost due to IOMG sheer incompetence and possible professional neglect? 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Of course there will be an opening ceremony!  JPW travelled to London to have a Manx glass trinket unveiled in parliament, they don't need much of an excuse for a jolly.

I’m sure she will be there for the ribbon cutting plaque unveiling ceremony. Say IOM Creamery for the camera, She is a professional grinner, but not much at anything else. Sadly disappointed. 

Minister Thomas has been on the NPM saying the Liverpool ferry terminal project is more difficult than anyone imagined. He is claiming he is providing certainty over the timeline. So if the project isn’t completed and it isn’t operational, will Minister Thomas be accountable? 

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Minister Thomas has been on the NPM saying the Liverpool ferry terminal project is more difficult than anyone imagined. He is claiming he is providing certainty over the timeline. So if the project isn’t completed and it isn’t operational, will Minister Thomas be accountable? 

Of course he won't  - the Liverpool ferry terminal project is more difficult than anyone imagined

Maybe it should have been approached with a little less "imagination" and a little more assessment of hard facts, to include freely offered advice about the nature of the ground from the vendor?

And the fact that it's in Liverpool...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, KERED said:

Of course he won't  - the Liverpool ferry terminal project is more difficult than anyone imagined

Correction, more difficult for "anyone" of the IOM Gov. He is turning into another Baker. I can see things getting worse for Mr Thomas as he has swallowed this bullshite hook line and sinker.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

Correction, more difficult for "anyone" of the IOM Gov. He is turning into another Baker. I can see things getting worse for Mr Thomas as he has swallowed this bullshite hook line and sinker.

Its not reasonable to expect him to be able to explain a complex civil engineering/ matter is it? his expertise is financial analysis which hardly qualifies him to make statements on such technicalities. 

I don't see how he can be held accountable with him only being minister at the (well nearly) end of the project.

He is of course accountable for things that have happened since his appointment but he might find it difficult to understand then and even more difficult to explain them.

It’s become abundantly clear that this project has not been assessed correctly or even at all before commencement . From the first ideas mooted it would seem blinkers were applied to all in authority and also listened to parties that it would seem had a vested interest in the project. Was it Gawne who suggested it wouldn’t cost us anything quickly followed by a 7 million max. Memory on these matters aren’t good. ! Now we clearly are being bent over a barrel , trousers or skirts dropped , and given a good whipping. And you know what , few if any are surprised by this outcome. If we all looked after our finances like IOM government does we would be homeless and on the street…Ohhh wait , it’s not there money there spewing out. In my opinion IOM govt should not be let loose with any scheme with potential to cost millions without a full and proper assessment of anything remotely complex. They clearly haven’t the skill set and there ‘experts’ and consultants clearly don’t either. Another sad day in world of Manx tax payers.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

It’s become abundantly clear that this project has not been assessed correctly or even at all before commencement . From the first ideas mooted it would seem blinkers were applied to all in authority and also listened to parties that it would seem had a vested interest in the project. Was it Gawne who suggested it wouldn’t cost us anything quickly followed by a 7 million max. Memory on these matters aren’t good. ! Now we clearly are being bent over a barrel , trousers or skirts dropped , and given a good whipping. And you know what , few if any are surprised by this outcome. If we all looked after our finances like IOM government does we would be homeless and on the street…Ohhh wait , it’s not there money there spewing out. In my opinion IOM govt should not be let loose with any scheme with potential to cost millions without a full and proper assessment of anything remotely complex. They clearly haven’t the skill set and there ‘experts’ and consultants clearly don’t either. Another sad day in world of Manx tax payers.

I believe the project expected spend is something like

1. Cost of works - £0

2. Contingency - £150M

Edited by Happier diner
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I believe the project expected spend is something like

1. Cost of works - £0

2. Contingency - £150M

Your probably right. Clearly they did very few assessment of site and issues before commencing.

Funny how no recent adjusted cost has been mentioned for months. Lots of other things going on thats deflected the attention. Times running out though and it’s got to rear its head soon. My guess is over 100 million and counting. Boat has gone well though but its not here yet so still time to increase the cost to Manx public .