Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

37 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Back on topic

This debacle need a full investigation by the police.

There is something very very wrong here.

It only bothers me because it will increase my ferry rate when I go back to the rock to pick up stuff but there is no way on earth that little shed on a Half Tide dock should have cost that much.

Civil engineering mates I have jousted with about this have laughed their heads of over the cost.

FFS Everton got a stadium for not a lot more....

BBD6E5A0-4128-49E2-B655-7FD014BE7A30.jpeg

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

BBD6E5A0-4128-49E2-B655-7FD014BE7A30.jpeg

Ok, its not my tax dollar that is being wasted on that thing.

If you are happy paying taxes on the rock to pay  for a totally unexplainable amount of money spent on a small portal frame building at the side of a river then good luck.

Talk to a Civil Engineer/ Quantity Surveyor if you know any, they will say the same.

Something is VERY WRONG with the cost of that Half Tide linkspan, VERY WRONG.

Edited by Blade Runner

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

Back on topic

This debacle need a full investigation by the police.

There is something very very wrong here.

It only bothers me because it will increase my ferry rate when I go back to the rock to pick up stuff but there is no way on earth that little shed on a Half Tide dock should have cost that much.

Civil engineering mates I have jousted with about this have laughed their heads of over the cost.

FFS Everton got a stadium for not a lot more....

700 million currently for the Everton stadium.   Wonder if they found voids?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Ok, its not my tax dollar that is being wasted on that thing.

If you are happy paying taxes on the rock to pay  for a totally unexplainable amount of money spent on a small portal frame building at the side of a river then good luck.

Talk to a Civil Engineer/ Quantity Surveyor if you know any, they will say the same.

Something is VERY WRONG with the cost of that Half Tide linkspan, VERY WRONG.

The majority of the additional cost is in the ground not the building.  Not that that justifies it, but that is where it has gone. 

5 minutes ago, Kopek said:

If we had known the end cost of this berth BEFORE we embarked on it, would we have voted to go ahead?

"You" don't have a vote, your MHKs don't make a difference either.

If the DOI CS wanted it to happen then it will/ did

Your CS is all powerful, how you cant see that is funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Yes, I agree but there is not that much ground there, It is a small site.

AFAIK, it was mainly work to the bit under water.  I agree with you that the cost overrun us staggering, but don't look at the actual building as the main cost point.

I have to wonder what is going in there as it is huge in comparison to the couple of portacabins they have now.  Perhaps an entertainment venue, water slides, cricket ground? 

• Like 1

Cannan recently quoted a cost of £90 million. If we assume that £40 million is the cost of the terminal building and the ramp, what kind of voids would it take to require an extra £50 million to fix? If at the start the voids were known about, would they have been estimated at £50 million (or thereabouts) to fix?

11 minutes ago, Gladys said:

AFAIK, it was mainly work to the bit under water.  I agree with you that the cost overrun us staggering, but don't look at the actual building as the main cost point.

I have to wonder what is going in there as it is huge in comparison to the couple of portacabins they have now.  Perhaps an entertainment venue, water slides, cricket ground? 

Exactly, the building is £10-£12m tops, where the rest has gone is scandalous.

10 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Cannan recently quoted a cost of £90 million. If we assume that £40 million is the cost of the terminal building and the ramp, what kind of voids would it take to require an extra £50 million to fix? If at the start the voids were known about, would they have been estimated at £50 million (or thereabouts) to fix?

This is what you get for £40m above ground as an example I found on a quick Google search 

image.thumb.png.db61abb55490462c13e76645a2067f8b.png

image.png

Edited by Blade Runner

You're preaching to the converted here fella.

We're all quite aware of the absolute shit show that this has been and acontinues to be.

We've known from its inception.

Did you only find out about it today? Is that why you're spitting so many feathers?

Edited by Roxanne
Couldnot spell absilute.
  • Like 1