Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

We would possibly all agree if we all knew who Mr. Nb & Ms. NR actually are? This is just a guess, you don't have to justify it. Plus, this is a small forum, not as though they are likely to read it!!!

Its not difficult man. Nick Black and Ann Reynolds, both former senior employees at the DoI who may have ended their employment before they wanted to, although probably comfortably paid off instead of sacked and beaten like they should have been.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Names will be named…

‘And people will be held accountable’

So says treasury minister Alex Allinson. 

It must be someone they want to get rid of. No one else is ever held accountable. 

AECOM - are in/out of various courts at some stage of their involvement in projects: https://www.constructiondive.com/news/justice-department-joins-whistleblower-lawsuit-against-aecom/579278/

1 hour ago, Ringy Rose said:

I’m going to guess it’ll be Mr NB and Ms AR who will be blamed for everything.

You can bet your bottom dollar no politician will ever be named as responsible for anything.

Anybody who is named will have long departed elected or unelected office by now and will therefore be unaccountable to Govt or anybody else. This includes, if applicable, those who decided that NB and AR were qualified/experienced to oversee such a project in the first instance.

However, those named/responsible will still be enjoying their severance pay and/or pensions and it won't make one iota of difference to them. Nor will naming names relieve taxpayers/sea service users of £100M worth of debt.

The only possible satisfaction the public could have would be finding out where the imbecilic wasters reside and driving them off the Island one night by burning torch.

• Haha 2

Allinson has been an MHK since 2016, which was possibly before the gov. gave approval. So did he vote for the scheme? If so, will he claim he was misled? Was he naive enough to believe anything a Civil Servant told him?

Is he naive enough to believe that names will be named?

Ive run out of question marks - perhaps Kopek can lend me a couple.

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Allinson has been an MHK since 2016, which was possibly before the gov. gave approval. So did he vote for the scheme? If so, will he claim he was misled? Was he naive enough to believe anything a Civil Servant told him?

Is he naive enough to believe that names will be named?

Ive run out of question marks - perhaps Kopek can lend me a couple.

I think it will be as much of a surprise to Allinson when he reads out his prepared statement and finds his name on there.

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

'' I’m going to guess it’ll be Mr NB and Ms AR who will be blamed....''.

So, pretty wild guess then? NB was gone long before the current shambles and AR was just a Ports director, wasn't she??? Can't see either of them on a drawing board or concrete pour truck!!!

This is just what Stu Peters is talking about, online abuse?

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

'' I’m going to guess it’ll be Mr NB and Ms AR who will be blamed....''.

So, pretty wild guess then? NB was gone long before the current shambles and AR was just a Ports director, wasn't she??? Can't see either of them on a drawing board or concrete pour truck!!!

This is just what Stu Peters is talking about, online abuse?

Black was given his departure orders in October/November 2021, the Terminal debacle was already well under way by then with Baker the last Minister to utter excuses under the last administration. Reynolds must have had some input as Ports Director by dint of her title  surely?

Neither of them actually had to be "hands-on" the job, they were supposed to be the hands on the tiller.

I'm more concerned about the fiscal abuse of the taxpayers and those using the sea services for the next 100 years personally.

41 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Black was given his departure orders in October/November 2021, the Terminal debacle was already well under way by then with Baker the last Minister to utter excuses under the last administration. Reynolds must have had some input as Ports Director by dint of her title  surely?

Neither of them actually had to be "hands-on" the job, they were supposed to be the hands on the tiller.

I'm more concerned about the fiscal abuse of the taxpayers and those using the sea services for the next 100 years personally.

the only name that matters is Alf's. he was Treasury Minister when the decision was made to continue at risk of significant cost overrun. and the only decision that really matters will be CoMin who decided at various times to crack-on in the hope it would all turn out okay. Nb's role will have been to grammar check the options papers that will have been flowing through the senior Treasury Officer in DOI who would have been handing them to the Treasury Board (Headed by Alf. David and Alex).

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

The total height of the turbine including blades will be about 150m.

Would these be the tallest structure on the Island? Where else is taller?

Well I have been told ( by a man in the pub) that the tallest man made structures on the Island are the Kings Court/ Queens Court apartment buildings in Ramsey.

(Both of which largely vacant now due to noise pollution)

Just kidding 🙂

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Last sentence
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well I have been told ( by a man in the pub) that the tallest man made structures on the Island are the Kings Court/ Queens Court apartment buildings in Ramsey.

(Both of which largely vacant now due to noise pollution)

Just kidding 🙂

So what height and how many stories are they? 

I'm genuinely surprised Ramsey doesn't make a big thing about it!