Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

4 hours ago, 2112 said:

True, but it is not IOMG/SPC to do renovations or improvements. I thought the building belongs to Peel Ports? Perhaps, our CM Cannan who likes to think he is a man of influence, could use his influence, and have a word in the ear of island resident John Whittaker, who owns Peel Ports? Perhaps he could persuade him to commit funding to tidying up the building? Sadly I don’t think he has any skills beneficial to the island. 🏝️ 

In the recent past, Peel have successfully expected IoMG and the Steamie to pay for the upkeep of the premises/facilities that they use.

And in the recent past peel ports were going to pay for the move at Liverpool till one Phil Gawne stuck his oar in, and may I add the prom was going for a resurface and new street furniture till he again pronounced it would not be so. Lets not forget he was the farmers friend who got them the payments not to grow anything. Funny how his family are heavy into farming, and lest we forget the gov cash still rolling in by pension and radio spot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

And in the recent past peel ports were going to pay for the move at Liverpool till one Phil Gawne stuck his oar in, and may I add the prom was going for a resurface and new street furniture till he again pronounced it would not be so. Lets not forget he was the farmers friend who got them the payments not to grow anything. Funny how his family are heavy into farming, and lest we forget the gov cash still rolling in by pension and radio spot.

I think I recall expressions of interest for the steam packet over Christmas and no one replied ! funny that !

56 minutes ago, asitis said:

I think I recall expressions of interest for the steam packet over Christmas and no one replied ! funny that !

he is a big radio journalist these days  and busy re writing history , blaming everyone else for the sins of the past   wondered where he was today as Beth fronted the Sunday politics programme 

He did a Mannin line last week which I felt was a disaster as he tried to monopolise the show , 

• Like 2

On 10/15/2023 at 7:56 PM, Omobono said:

he is a big radio journalist these days  and busy re writing history , blaming everyone else for the sins of the past   wondered where he was today as Beth fronted the Sunday politics programme 

He did a Mannin line last week which I felt was a disaster as he tried to monopolise the show , 

A 'journalist' you say?

On 10/15/2023 at 7:56 PM, Omobono said:

His nasal drone is infesting a trailer for his show this coming weekend, to ask if Tynwald is fit for Govt after the lack of political debate and vires for the windfarm proposal.

Well, it more than likely wasn't fit for purpose when he was part of it either.

• Thanks 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-67122278

And so it begins.

Mr Morris said the refurbishment would cost a "smattering" of the cost of the construction of a new terminal in Liverpool.

A "smattering" ~ so somewhere north of £10m then.

Maybe they should invest in the harbour and dock as a priority so people can actaully complete the journey they paid for and an impromptu Irish Sea round trip cruise ?

Pretty sure most on that route are heading for the M6 and all points beyond about as fast they legally can once the wheels are on dry land. 

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-isle-of-man-67077025

This explains a lot....

A bid to allocated a further £10m in continency funding to help pay for the project was put on hold in July.

Well we all know they've been taking the piss since this started so maybe this will put an end to it?

Nice to see license fee tax is well spent on top quality journalism.

43 minutes ago, Banker said:

Morris is known as a waste of space oxygen thief who has done nothing for his constituency or in parliament.

• Like 2

What is the point in a facelift for Heysham, the sea terminal is at at its best ever.  Ok it’s in a tin shed but that’s what Liverpool will look like in time.  It’s a bit like putting lipstick on a pig. Heysham is a commercial port, it’s never going to look nice.  Give the idiot MP a paint brush and a tin of battleship grey.  

• Like 1