Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

33 minutes ago, asitis said:

I'm a 30year comeover, and for the last thirty years the phrase "lessons will be learned" has been trotted out Ad Nauseam !

FFS how long does it take to learn a lesson, or perhaps more pertinently, how much public money does it take !

I can accept that our elected have perhaps inherited this problem and therefore strangely for me I don't blame them, however I do expect them to remove the power from the CS to do this again, if that is what they will have us believe.

It requires huge reform of HR who appoint absolute incompetents to positions of power and huge reform across the CS and politically before we are truly finished, surely someone we elected can see this !

Just how far does sheer, no, not sheer, ABSOLUTE INCOMPETENCE have to go before someone/something steps in to sort this lot out properly.

Personally, I'm completely fed up of being shafted now and certainly for future generations, our children/ grandchildren by this level of total incompetence.

• Thanks 6

20 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

It was asked for in July:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-66196397#:~:text=The cost of the project had already doubled,to approve the transfer from reserves next week.

but the decision was put off until now. Maybe they thought the problem would disappear in the meantime.

Does anyone know the real figure ? not the one which is politically expedient ?

28 minutes ago, Sentience said:

and certainly for future generations, our children/ grandchildren by this level of total incompetence.

And this is the crux point, it's the future population who will get it in the neck, in the same fashion as the present population are copping for the MEA shambles of 20+ years ago.

They will not thank us for this legacy of debt.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, asitis said:

I'm a 30year comeover, and for the last thirty years the phrase "lessons will be learned" has been trotted out Ad Nauseam !

FFS how long does it take to learn a lesson, or perhaps more pertinently, how much public money does it take !

I can accept that our elected have perhaps inherited this problem and therefore strangely for me I don't blame them, however I do expect them to remove the power from the CS to do this again, if that is what they will have us believe.

It requires huge reform of HR who appoint absolute incompetents to positions of power and huge reform across the CS and politically before we are truly finished, surely someone we elected can see this !

One of the major players in the last administration was CM Cannan, who was previously Treasury Minister. Also Mr Squeaker Juan Watterson, should have got his hands dirty and got involved, rather than sitting, and compiling a report. 

2 hours ago, Sentience said:

Exactly the same will happen, IF they ever 'get off the ground', to the plans for our electricity generating 'Windmills'

£40,000,000 🥴 my hairy arse.

Not necessarily. It a much lower risk project. So long as they do proper ground investigation it way less complex than the Liverpool terminal.

38 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Not necessarily. It a much lower risk project. So long as they do proper ground investigation it way less complex than the Liverpool terminal.

The point is that the DOI have repeatedly shown they are incapable of delivering a project on time and on budget.  If you can name a project that your department has delivered on time I'll eat my hat.

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:
3 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Do anyone know who are the ones who have left, and who remains?

I know that Black has left, but I cannot believe that he was responsible for anything.

He wasn't responsible for it, he was accountable. there is a difference.

Sorry, I was not being very precise. I was trying to imply that everyone knew he did not even have the competence to staple two pieces of paper together.

As for being accountable - getting an allegedly large payoff and a job for life does not count as being held responsible. If that were the case, every man and his dog would be looking to be held to account for the Liverpool landing stage fiasco.

23 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Sorry, I was not being very precise. I was trying to imply that everyone knew he did not even have the competence to staple two pieces of paper together.

As for being accountable - getting an allegedly large payoff and a job for life does not count as being held responsible. If that were the case, every man and his dog would be looking to be held to account for the Liverpool landing stage fiasco.

I can't comment on that. I don't know what payout he got.

17 minutes ago, fireblade paul said:

How do you need £10 million then suddenly you don’t need it ,does that mean it’s not going to be finished properly to save face .😡🇮🇲🇮🇲

Sheer incompetence, especially from the Treasury. Clowns 🤡