Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

4 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Published 19 May 2023:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/isle-man-ferry-terminal-wont-26949257

"The new Isle of Man Ferry terminal is now scheduled to be completed by the autumn but wont start passenger services until March 2024 at the earliest. "

It was not finished in autumn, but the in-service date has not changed.

[https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/former-infrastructure-minister-confident-liverpool-ferry-terminal-will-be-complete-by-new-years-day/

In the radio interview Thomas said that it is value because although it is £80 million, it is over 236 years. So he believes that the building and the ramp will last 236 years. Another Manx miracle].

Just goes to show how out of touch Chris Thomas actually is   sadly like a lot of others currently in Tynwald he is deluded and must be living on another planet  , 

I find it amazing that there's still this belief that they think they can convince sheeple that the spend is only @ £70M.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, finlo said:

Can you think of any that might want to?

No, but I am not in that business.  There may be other operators who would welcome  an alternative to their current landing stage.  May help with the costs, ensure fuller utilisation and therefore enhance the passenger facilities there. 

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

No, but I am not in that business.  There may be other operators who would welcome  an alternative to their current landing stage.  May help with the costs, ensure fuller utilisation and therefore enhance the passenger facilities there. 

Other than the Mersey ferries I think all other operators drag mainly freight out of there.

• Like 1