Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

3 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

MF still has TJ trolling it as he finishes his days as a floating brain in a jar

2 hours ago, Pipsqueak said:

where did he get the brain from ?

Obviously they took the two brain cells he had rattling 'round his cranium, mated them in a test tube, put the resultant blob in a jar with growing medium - et voilà! 

Edited by Zarley

4 minutes ago, asitis said:

Laughable, Baker saying his department were "close to an agreement" FFS we were close to an agreement at 3 million.

There has to be a point, which I suspect we are already past, that vanity has taken over from commercial sense.

Ypu should really stop banging on about Free or 3m.  It's a completely different proposition.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, asitis said:

Laughable, Baker saying his department were "close to an agreement" FFS we were close to an agreement at 3 million.

There has to be a point, which I suspect we are already past, that vanity has taken over from commercial sense.

It’s quite incredible really that Baker is actually more pitiful than was Harmer. Although, reflecting on the desert-like state of quality in Tynwald, perhaps I’m wrong to be shocked.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Ypu should really stop banging on about Free or 3m.  It's a completely different proposition.

You are right, but that wasn't the way it was sold to the taxpaying public, I suspect there may have been more than a few explanations needed as to why it was not a freight terminal and it was 60m in taxpayers cash. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I assume there may be some income opportunities to sublet the facility to other traffic potentially.

Yeah, we could put a Costa Coffee and a WHSmith shop in there, along with the assortment of vending machines. 

If IOMG were to let other ferry companies use the new facilities, knowing our experience in terrible negotiation skills, the Steam Packet will end up with second rate berthing availability which will mean passengers, vehicles and light freight getting into Liverpool or departing from Liverpool at Stupid O Clock. 

10 hours ago, Uhtred said:

It’s quite incredible really that Baker is actually more pitiful than was Harmer. Although, reflecting on the desert-like state of quality in Tynwald, perhaps I’m wrong to be shocked.

well he's reaping the fruits of Harmer's... sowing?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

It's a very active port.  Wouldn't surprise me if opportunities arose.

Seems like the current approach is the better one (assuming one believes in Liverpool as a destination).

who? everyone else operates ferries that wont fit the new terminal. the trend is bigger ferries, which was the issue with Birkenhead. the new stena e-flexers have two level entry onto the vehicle decks, Ben could no longer dock. You can count the number of traditional RoPax ferries at Ben size on the fingers of one hand, you can count the number of fast craft operating in the Irish Sea on two fingers, and one of them wont fit the new terminal

and they all rely on mixed pax and freight to be economic

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1