Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

14 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

I haven't been following  the progress of the new terminal but once it's operational will we have winter sailings to Liverpool ? 

Manxman is it the timetable to operate Saturday and Sunday daytime sailings to liverpool this winter. Including 1 daytrip opportunity sometime in December I think it is.

• Like 1

Maybe I have got this wrong. Not really followed the subject.  This is the way I understand things

Steamy have been sailing to Liverpool for 150 years. The owners of the Steamy dock gave notice that their landing stage will go as they have better ideas.

The Manx govt thought that was bad so agreed to build a shiny new landing stage for the Steamy without actually agreeing the rent.

Now the govt has spent £70m building a shed for passengers and wants an unreasonable rent to pay for it.

The Steamy, being an arms length, commercial enterprise have said "up yours" were not paying for your cockup.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Manxman is it the timetable to operate Saturday and Sunday daytime sailings to liverpool this winter. Including 1 daytrip opportunity sometime in December I think it is.

Liverpool will go down well with the footy and shopping crowd.

Heysham... might not be the edge of the world...but you can see it from there.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, asitis said:

.... of which there are not enough to pay towards a 100m terminal !

Maybe not but steam packet will be paying the rent all year round no matter what passengers travel.

12 hours ago, NoTail said:

Maybe I have got this wrong. Not really followed the subject.  This is the way I understand things

Steamy have been sailing to Liverpool for 150 years. The owners of the Steamy dock gave notice that their landing stage will go as they have better ideas.

The Manx govt thought that was bad so agreed to build a shiny new landing stage for the Steamy without actually agreeing the rent.

Now the govt has spent £70m building a shed for passengers and wants an unreasonable rent to pay for it.

The Steamy, being an arms length, commercial enterprise have said "up yours" were not paying for your cockup.

How do we know its unreasonable?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

It was reasonable, but the Manx government (ha ha) said fuck off go and pick a number out of the air and come back with it. Well to me it seem's to be the way they operate ?. Any one care to disprove this theory. 

How do we know it was reasonable?

• Like 1

How do we know its not reasonable, commercial confidentially will be quoted 😁  as per usual. Confidentially from whom, its the government department charging another department nobody else is going to use it ?. Why the need for such secrecy.

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Maybe not but steam packet will be paying the rent all year round no matter what passengers travel.

To be accurate, customers aka taxpayers, will be paying the rent all year round.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

How do we know its not reasonable, commercial confidentially will be quoted 😁  as per usual. Confidentially from whom, its the government department charging another department nobody else is going to use it ?. Why the need for such secrecy.

But you said it was reasonable. Does anyone on here know what it is?

This whole thing is getting quite farsical now.

Isle of Man Steam Packet and government locked in negotiations over Liverpool Ferry Terminal lease

‘There may be a further role for Treasury to play if an agreement cannot be reached on the rental considerations’