Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

No, they don't charge and there are no waiting time limits.  I left my car there while I went into the centre,  but checked at the booking desk and the chap said it would be OK.  There are only about 10 parking spaces, though. 

To add,  some Manx drivers were still using the holding car park at the old landing stage. 

All in all, it is a nice enough facility and aesthetically better than the old one, but my main complaint was that the seating really isn't comfortable.  It's probably the same as at the Sea Terminal. 

Just as an aside, Gladys did you use a post code in your satnav  ito get you close to the new terminal or is the signage quite good. Asking as I'm returning via Liverpool in September, and if you did would you be so kind as to put it up on here. As long as it is not causing anyone palpitations about disclosing state secrets as where it is, looked but cannot find info on Steam Pkt site.

Just watched chariots of fire, Mona's Isle was a fine looking ship unlike the turd brick of the ManxMan

10 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Just as an aside, Gladys did you use a post code in your satnav  ito get you close to the new terminal or is the signage quite good. Asking as I'm returning via Liverpool in September, and if you did would you be so kind as to put it up on here. As long as it is not causing anyone palpitations about disclosing state secrets as where it is, looked but cannot find info on Steam Pkt site.

Just watched chariots of fire, Mona's Isle was a fine looking ship unlike the turd brick of the ManxMan

https://www.steam-packet.com/blog/liverpool-terminal/

This link was sent by email and text and says that some systems may not recognise the actual postcode and gives an alternative close by from which it is easy to pick up the SP signage to Triskelion Way.  Like you, I couldn't find it on their website, but they did provide the update in several ways around the time I travelled. 

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

https://www.steam-packet.com/blog/liverpool-terminal/

This link was sent by email and text and says that some systems may not recognise the actual postcode and gives an alternative close by from which it is easy to pick up the SP signage to Triskelion Way.  Like you, I couldn't find it on their website, but they did provide the update in several ways around the time I travelled. 

thanks Gladys

23 hours ago, Gladys said:

Yep, there is a drop off point with parking right outside the passenger side of the terminal. 

Biggest pile of shite I've ever seen...gridlock outside the terminal with people trying to pick people up with luggage (or not). Designed by complete idiots.

6 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Biggest pile of shite I've ever seen...gridlock outside the terminal with people trying to pick people up with luggage (or not). Designed by complete idiots.

Sorry to have misinformed you.  It looked like it was working fine on Friday, but that was for a departure. 

Thats the IOM governments midas touch in reverse, even though we payed gold prices. And before you all start shouting its the designers whom we paid sqillions to, it must of been signed off by the incompetent people at government. No doubt they took them out to lunch then took them for a ride, their cousins the prom designers told them these pillocks will buy anything.

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Do you think they may impose a charge (as is done at some airports) to minimise the traffic chaos?

3 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Yebbut, tell us what you really think, Albert…

• Haha 1