Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

7 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Why is Tim Baker still holding a Ministerial position? 

Look at the quality of MHK at present. He is probably the best of a bad lot. I’m sure the Peoples Prince will be itching to join the hallowed club of COMIN, but in all honesty can he or others make a better job of ballsing things up. It helps if the MHK is normal, has empathy and can understand things, but the current Infrastructure Minister is curt, abrupt and has a attitude issue, especially I know best. 

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Maybe its by design, blame the door so you don't even consider the possibility of hidden microphones.

The cameras and microphones are apparent. Do you think there are two systems installed?

The interesting thing about sound proofing design is that it’s clearly been thought about.

The interview rooms are behind double doors, but the medics room, advocates room and the advocate/client consultation room aren’t.

14 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

What with the covid report too, I detect the beginnings of a conflict...

One of just many would be my view. 

4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Look at the quality of MHK at present. He is probably the best of a bad lot. I’m sure the Peoples Prince will be itching to join the hallowed club of COMIN, but in all honesty can he or others make a better job of ballsing things up. It helps if the MHK is normal, has empathy and can understand things, but the current Infrastructure Minister is curt, abrupt and has a attitude issue, especially I know best. 

No one else would want infrastructure at present , Harmer did well to pass it on!

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The cameras and microphones are apparent. Do you think there are two systems installed?

Oh they wouldn't do something like that surely?

I've been in the custody block, pricks arrested me for fuck all and let me out the following morning, no charge, no apology, just a wasted 8 hours for me and presumably some paperwork for them. They threatened to charge me with resisting arrest, but why shouldn't you resist when you've done nothing wrong? Something wrong with peoples brains to want to be police and behave like that. Wankers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

No one else would want infrastructure at present , Harmer did well to pass it on!

It wouldn't be the first political career sacrificed on the DOI butcher's block and probably wouldn't be the last until the Dept is broken up into more accountable units with more defined responsibilities. Gawne paid the price last time, Baker's in the firing line now but even Harmer's not out of the noose yet.

Yes, these chaps are guilty of failing to control their officers - but they're not directly responsible for the duplicity and incompetence that is being showboated now on almost a daily basis. You have to feel some sympathy but they do need to be stronger, they need to be making some examples.

Unfortunately the system won't allow them to do it, even if they wanted, so they'll pay the price with the electorate and things will carry on.

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Who’s paid for it? Peel Ports or the Great Manx Public?

My cousin didn’t ask. 

My recollection is that there was a press release some months ago that IoMG was paying.

I suppose it’s either pay the capital cost or pay increased rent, passenger charges, etc. 

But with IoMG recent history betting men might take a punt on both applying 

• Like 4

Having listened to the woman from Legco I forget her name and indeed most of what she said LOL, but what struck a chord was her acceptance that the SPCO in terms of being able to return a revenue stream for Government rely totally on freight and passengers are almost a loss leader. In which case I'm sorry, but WTF are we blowing what will be upwards of 60 million on a passenger terminal on the part of the mersey that silts up in any case, to simply make a loss, so a few people can go to Liverpool for a convenience. It surely was not beyond the wit of man to spend a few bob on transport links for the few miles from Heysham. To me this makes no sense at all.

Oh and Peel Holdings must be pissing themselves laughing.

Edited by asitis
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, asitis said:

Having listened to the woman from Legco I forget her name and indeed most of what she said LOL, but what struck a chord was her acceptance that the SPCO in terms of being able to return a revenue stream for Government rely totally on freight and passengers are almost a loss leader. In which case I'm sorry, but WTF are we blowing what will be upwards of 60 million on a passenger terminal on the part of the mersey that silts up in any case, to simply make a loss, so a few people can go to Liverpool for a convenience. It surely was not beyond the wit of man to spend a few bob on transport links for the few miles from Heysham. To me this makes no sense at all.

Vanity project and the clowns can't stop spending?

• Thanks 2