Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

I would add, a professional mariner told me, if you were to pick a location on the Mersey to use as a passenger terminal, the current location would be the last place you would want to use due to its tidal effects and the amount of times it will silt up ! He opined it will need constant dredging to remain operational, he said there was a reason that that area was not popular.

I know nothing about ships but that was what I was told !

17 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Vanity project and the clowns can't stop spending?

They've been suckered into a one way street and there's no way out now, other than to see it through. With a few mobile goalposts lobbed in on the way for good measure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

They've been suckered into a one way street and there's no way out now, other than to see it through. With a few mobile goalposts lobbed in on the way for good measure.

Like moths to a flame.

Like Moths to a Flame, but this time, a Lamp! - 9GAG

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I wonder what would happen if some brave soul said, 'That's enough, we cannot spend any more on that site. Just do it within the allocated budget'!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

I wonder what would happen if some brave soul said, 'That's enough, we cannot spend any more on that site. Just do it within the allocated budget'!

Get the Queen's Pier team in to finish it after they've sorted out Douglas prom?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've just been listening to a couple of contributors on the Mannin Line - I'm sure I heard Andy Wint say that IoMG and the SPCo are also going to be paying for the decommissioning of the old facility. Somebody please tell me I heard wrong...?

2 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

Vanity project and the clowns can't stop spending?

There’s a few that are laughing, it’s not just the clowns that are spending, the supposedly sane ones are spending too, like there is a shortage. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Will Douglas Inner Harbour have to have the same work done to it to enable the new vessel to operate properly without damaging our own infrastructure? Are we looking at even more expense?

Not according to the racket.

2 hours ago, asitis said:

I would add, a professional mariner told me, if you were to pick a location on the Mersey to use as a passenger terminal, the current location would be the last place you would want to use due to its tidal effects and the amount of times it will silt up ! He opined it will need constant dredging to remain operational, he said there was a reason that that area was not popular.

I know nothing about ships but that was what I was told !

I was told that a good while ago too?

8 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Will Douglas Inner Harbour have to have the same work done to it to enable the new vessel to operate properly without damaging our own infrastructure? Are we looking at even more expense?

I hope not, but being a larger vessel I'd imagine that it will stir up a lot more silt in the harbour. I am sure all this will have been taken into consideration though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I hope not, but being a larger vessel I'd imagine that it will stir up a lot more silt in the harbour. I am sure all this will have been taken into consideration though.

Better than Ken Dodd you are :D

ETA: I think I need a lie-down now.

Edited by GD4ELI
  • Haha 3