Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

25 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

And if it can’t be done within the allocated budget?
What then?

Bend over. You're paying no matter what happens.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Even for the current collection of lackwits and incompetents that comprise what is laughingly described as our government, this is a spectacular enhancement of their capacity to fail. No wonder Quayle is calling time on his undistinguished political 'career' - he'll be lucky to avoid a mob dropping him from his office window at this rate. Baker should retreat into the Curraghs and never appear again, taking Harmer with him.

The Chair of a state-owned shipping company telling the same state that they've signally failed to design the correct facility for what are their own ships, claimed falsely about the causes of increased costs, and failed to adequately consult.

Coming on top of the promenade fiasco and the Steam Packet Covid isolation calamity, the stamina of the government apologists on here is certainly being tested.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

Coming on top of the promenade fiasco and the Steam Packet Covid isolation calamity, the stamina of the government apologists on here is certainly being tested.

I haven't spotted any apologists recently. There used to be a good number, I have even stuck up for them myself on occasion when I think they have been unfairly lambasted

That's becoming a rarity these days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

I haven't spotted any apologists recently. There used to be a good number, I have even stuck up for them myself on occasion when I think they have been unfairly lambasted

That's becoming a rarity these days.

Where is Dilli? Maybe VOR is his new persona?

47 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Without naming people and not being personal I have reached the conclusion that this administration has not performed well at all. 

The mistakes (re Covid) and failures with huge finance projects shows a Government that unfortunately has failed to contain and address the problems the island has tried to deal with and faced over the last 5 years. The public may well be entitled to feel the island has not been effectively served (interesting word given the circumstances) and its needs be sufficiently met.

I blame the collective body, principally for its arrogance and disconnection from people, which has permeated through all the public services. 

In my view we need a detailed analysis of what has happened to ensure the next administration cannot repeat the same style and approach to the electorate. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Apple said:

Without naming people and not being personal I have reached the conclusion that this administration has not performed well at all. 

The mistakes (re Covid) and failures with huge finance projects shows a Government that unfortunately has failed to contain and address the problems the island has tried to deal with and faced over the last 5 years. The public may well be entitled to feel the island has not been effectively served (interesting word given the circumstances) and its needs be sufficiently met.

I blame the collective body, principally for its arrogance and disconnection from people, which has permeated through all the public services. 

In my view we need a detailed analysis of what has happened to ensure the next administration cannot repeat the same style and approach to the electorate. 

Serious question. Do you think perhaps you have come to this conclusion as a result of spending time on here where most contributors default position is that everything the Government do is rubbish?. And you have unconsciously picked up this bias?

As I’ve mentioned before such views are not as prevalent in the wider Manx community.

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Serious question. Do you think perhaps you have come to this conclusion as a result of spending time on here where most contributors default position is that everything the Government do is rubbish?. And you have unconsciously picked up this bias?

As I’ve mentioned before such views are not as prevalent in the wider Manx community.

The wider Manx community thinks that electricity is a magic juice which flows from heaven.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

This letter will be shredded.

Too.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Banker said:

It's worth listening to that clip because of the amount of incoherent bullshit that Baker comes up with in two minutes.  And he doesn't really explain why the Steam Packet should be using the issue to get back at the Government when the report that the Government itself commissioned made it clear that the fault was almost entirely ... the Government's.

• Like 3