Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock

Non-Believer

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

According to Gef, AECOM (or 'Aecon' as they quite aptly put it) are involved. Although its is not clear from the text it would seem they are either Cost Consultants, Consulting Engineers or both. John Sisk and Sons are the contractor.

https://gef.im/2021/04/27/liverpool-terminal-cost-will-increase-significantly/

https://www.watermangroup.com/news/regenerating-liverpools-historic-waterfront/

From this it looks like AECOM designer, T&T cost consultant/PM/both

• Like 1

3 hours ago, asitis said:

Thought a calming classical Christmas interlude may be soporific here !

They, along with Rory Bremner, were the evening entertainment at a business conference I attended in Brighton. One of the delegates, who we all knew as a bit slow off the mark, was at the late night bar with one of these ladies. He left arm in arm and full of himself while making sure that we all saw him. He didn't appear at breakfast!

I can't remember which one of the three it was, I was very, very drunk!  

Edited by Max Power
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Just nauseating tweeted by Government, who must know how pissed off taxpayers are with this shit show ! However lovely for Hospice.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, asitis said:

Just nauseating tweeted by Government, who must know how pissed off taxpayers are with this shit show ! However lovely for Hospice.

I agree that’s appalling. So they’ve helped the taxpayer spunk £70 million on a £15 million original project but here’s some free toys for all the poor kiddies. Ebenezer Scrooge is alive and well. We’re just continually getting our pants taken down on this. 

• Like 2

Seasons greetings and festive cheer from our Govt. with its highlighting of a seasonal philanthropic gesture, a move designed to temporarily ease the irritation of something that is likely to fester with the taxpayers for many years to come.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cissolt said:

To be fair to the contractor it doesn't sound like its their fault. I don't know anything about John Sisk &Son but I do know its a cut throat world. Its a high risk business being a large civil contractor. Some jobs they make millions some jobs they loose millions. That £35M isn't profit, its spend, and it won't be all to them. So lets not beat them up for this. It seems the cock up is more likely on this side of the water.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

There are many sectors where it's cut-throat, the construction industry is no exception. There's also wriggle room to add a few more shekels if the opportunity arises.

Happens in all industries.

IoMG are available for exceptional wriggle room applications.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

To be fair to the contractor it doesn't sound like its their fault. I don't know anything about John Sisk &Son but I do know its a cut throat world. Its a high risk business being a large civil contractor. Some jobs they make millions some jobs they loose millions. That £35M isn't profit, its spend, and it won't be all to them. So lets not beat them up for this. It seems the cock up is more likely on this side of the water.

Having spent a few minutes on google, Sisk seem like quite a small outfit (£150 mill turnover) and without any big marine type work previous.

They look like good contractors but not on this type of work?

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

Having spent a few minutes on google, Sisk seem like quite a small outfit (£150 mill turnover) and without any big marine type work previous.

Well they got the job. Rightly or wrongly. You cant hold that against them.

3 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

Might be a good bet for Ramsey Marina then....?