The potential impact of Brexit on the Crown Dependencies

hboy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather read Barrie's boring posts than woody2's stilted half English gibberish.

At least Barrie tries to make a cogent point than ranting and raving.

Yeah, but he's been making the same one since before the internet came around. He used the Examiner back then. "The power hangs pendant from the Crown, don't you know?" We understand what he's saying. In summary "You are free to do as you are told."

I'd rather read Barrie's boring posts than woody2's stilted half English gibberish.

And listens to discussions on Radio 4 and the BBC World Service where these things are dealt with over a long time rather than sound bites..

Put a sock in it Barrie. You've been reading the last rites for the last 20 years to my knowledge. OK, times are and will be challenging and the Government needs to take drastic action to curb its excesses, but trade from, to and within the Island will continue as ever.

And I have not said otherwise. I am drawing your attention to the various caveats and pitfalls...The WTO itself has told the UK it will; not get a clear run at it and the Island is of course on the periphery.. This is not a static situation it is rolling along and I am sure trade will continue but on what terms and under what conditions...Try Googling a few learned folk and websites on the subject....

Put a sock in it Barrie. You've been reading the last rites for the last 20 years to my knowledge. OK, times are and will be challenging and the Government needs to take drastic action to curb its excesses, but trade from, to and within the Island will continue as ever.

And I have not said otherwise. I am drawing your attention to the various caveats and pitfalls...The WTO itself has told the UK it will; not get a clear run at it and the Island is of course on the periphery.. This is not a static situation it is rolling along and I am sure trade will continue but on what terms and under what conditions...Try Googling a few learned folk and websites on the subject....

uk is already a member of wto.....

as for wto control look up china....

uk would be at least 13% better off under wto.....

The link below is very educational if you take time to read it...Might alleviate some silly comment.....

Also, the Isle of Man is in the WTO by extension from the UK but as ever there are grey areas thus your whole position is subject to the end of Protocol 3, vagaries of the WTO in your case apparently as regards both the EU and the rest of the world plus the danger that at the end of the day the EU owes you nothing by way of indulgence...

You face uncertain times all round far more than the UK does...I suggest that you have by far the biggest headache..And you are not sovereign. Also whatever the UK agrees does not extend to you not being part of the metropolitan entity of the UK.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi9yO_Xr4rTAhXJCsAKHSEiB-UQFgglMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gov.im%2Fmedia%2F1351808%2Fsecond-interim-report-on-the-uk-referendum-of-eu-membership-implications-for-the-isle-of-man.pdf&usg=AFQjCNFwcG3Zxwc0R48T4GV9uxJwX5j4VA&sig2=fX84SxphffhM_lLLGWhVag

no need to,its taken from actual uk figures.....

Nothing to do with numbers or percentages...Just take an hour off to read the thing..

And listens to discussions on Radio 4 and the BBC World Service where these things are dealt with over a long time rather than sound bites..

BBC Radio 4 is OK and some very interesting stuff on there PROVIDED you listen to it with your right ear to compensate for the left leaning transmission. As with all BBC output really. Radio 4 is for your more intelligent leftie, whereas the rest of it is for the majority "one brain cell less than a maggot" lefties. World Service is a bit better but is still affected by the liberal malaise.

BBC Radio 4 is OK and some very interesting stuff on there PROVIDED you listen to it with your right ear to compensate for the left leaning transmission. As with all BBC output really. Radio 4 is for your more intelligent leftie, whereas the rest of it is for the majority "one brain cell less than a maggot" lefties. World Service is a bit better but is still affected by the liberal malaise.

LIBERALS!!!!!!!

Trying to think of a left-wing, or centre-left BBC editor or anchor. Certainly not Marr, Neil, Robinson or Peston, so who were you thinking of?

Well it depends what you mean by left wing. I am referring to the obvious metropolitan, liberal bias of the BBC which is socially left of centre. It runs through everything they do. Marr knows this as well as anyone else and has gone native with it. Robinson less so, but it does not alter the agenda they constantly push. It is the "Guardian" of broadcasting.

ETA: From Marr himself: "The BBC is not impartial or neutral. It's a publicly funded, urban organisation with an abnormally large number of young people, ethnic minorities, and gay people. It has a liberal bias, not so much a party-political bias. It is better expressed as a cultural liberal bias."

That is how I would characterise it, and is what I was getting at in the second sentence of the post. It should be staffed by a representative cross-section of the population, not a bunch of heart-bleeding luvvies.

Archived