The potential impact of Brexit on the Crown Dependencies

hboy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't matter how much you cry hboy, it's happening and there's nothing you nor I can do about it.

What a stupid statement. It's a shame Winston Churchill didn't think like that when faced with Hitler. It's happening there's nothing i can do. Best just meet him at Dover and hand over the entire country to the Germans.

What an utterly foolish statement to make. There's lots we can all do about things we don't like.

What a stupid statement. You've just actually compared a world war with a decision to leave a political union.

What an utterly foolish statement to make.

Do you really expect anything else?

Next you'll be denying that UKIP, a party with 0 MPs, has been getting more BBC airtime than the Greens.

UKIP? That would be the party with 0 MPs and, er, more actual votes than the SNP? How many vote for the Greens nationally? Nobody gives a toss about them.

Not that I am any great admirer of UKIP, incidentally.

Doesn't matter how much you cry hboy, it's happening and there's nothing you nor I can do about it.

What a stupid statement. It's a shame Winston Churchill didn't think like that when faced with Hitler. It's happening there's nothing i can do. Best just meet him at Dover and hand over the entire country to the Germans.

What an utterly foolish statement to make. There's lots we can all do about things we don't like.

What a stupid statement. You've just actually compared a world war with a decision to leave a political union.

What an utterly foolish statement to make.

Do you really expect anything else?

Oh shut up you sad angry prick.

What I did was compare how Germany's attempt to expand its influence in 1939 was met by Churchill, with how Tarne suggested people in the UK have to just accept fate on this. If Churchill was as fatalistic as Tarne suggests everyone else should be we'd have had the EU 30 years earlier. The comparisons are broadly analogous. If you're not some retarded, stupid, shouty, gobshite with the IQ of a walnut.

You're ace.

You are comfortably the most angry poster (s) on here yet accuse anyone who has you sussed as the same.

It must be cool being as thick as you. Totally oblivious.

You really are a charmless idiot who is used to shouting the odd to get their own way.

• 4 months later...
On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:56 PM, hboy said:

Worth a thread on its own for a separate debate than the general one on Brexit and the UK

Here's the report

https://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld201617/ldselect/ldeucom/136/136.pdf

This specifically de-links Brexit issues in general and covers exclusively specific matters to do with Brexit and the potential future status of, and threats to, the Crown Dependencies.

Brief summary by the BBC saying that the impact of Brexit will be "significant" if you don't want to read the whole thing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-39368341

BUT will it be as "significant as what the greeks have had to suffer(one size fits all) they are really being crucified by the eu Nazi's,this article I came across seems nightmarish for any sovereign people.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/greece-burns-syriza-declares-success-neoliberal-takeover/231105/

Archived