The Marine Le Pen thread

Skeletor

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be a brave man who had much confidence about predicting elections in these times where a prosperous European country voted to leap off a cliff, and the US elected a poisonous fool to the presidency. FWIW, I think that Le Pen will fail to get a 50% majority on 23 April, but will go through to the second round alongside Macron, or quite possibly Fillon, despite the false jobs scandal. In the second round, Le Pen will not be a palatable choice for those who did not vote for her in the first round, and Macron or Fillon will be elected.

It's a turning point and I desperately hope that centrists win and show that Europe need not throw away what it has achieved since the Second World War.

Le Pen would win if the system wasn't setup and controlled to exclude her. I've no doubt the majority of French people support her.

Just saving this post just in case...

Just in case you want to print it out and put it in a frame? I'll autograph it if you like. :)

Le Pen would win if the system wasn't setup and controlled to exclude her. I've no doubt the majority of French people support her.

The electoral system in France requires that the President has the support of the majority of all voters. If the majority of French people support her and vote accordingly, then she will be elected in the first round.

Unlike the US electoral system, which patently was not rigged against Trump, as he was elected President despite the majority of voters voting for Clinton.

Archived