Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:38 AM, John Wright said:

Chance of a return to Heathrow where flybe has ringfenced domestic slots, ironically some from the failed little red operation.

I'm getting better at this prediction malarkey

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Good news for IoM and Flybe.

Daily rotation from Ronaldsway to Heathrow, commences 21 April. 

Last scheduled IOM LHR flights were 2002

Question is how much money is IOM Government putting into it? Guernsey had to provide a decent amount of money to get their flights. 

I can imagine Quayle and Harmer handed over a blank cheque when Flybe mentioned Heathrow!

Just did a trial booking. early afternoon departure and tea time return out 28/4 and return 29/4, hand baggage only, £75

Full price, flexible return with hold baggage was £550. Less than Manx full price return in 2002

6 hours ago, John Wright said:

Just did a trial booking. early afternoon departure and tea time return out 28/4 and return 29/4, hand baggage only, £75

Full price, flexible return with hold baggage was £550. Less than Manx full price return in 2002

I did a trial booking myself, 2 week return in August mid week for £79.82, airport taxes alone are £63.82 the base fare is £16.00, there is no way that will be sustainable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I did a trial booking myself, 2 week return in August mid week for £79.82, airport taxes alone are £63.82 the base fare is £16.00, there is no way that will be sustainable.

Yes, it does beg the question.

theyve just pulled one flight a day off the Liverpool route, due to overcapacity.

London now has 3 or 4 flights a day to City (150-200 seats each way, 2400 per week), Gatwick (320 seats each way, 4000 seats per week), Luton (320 seats a week each way, 640 per week)  so a total number of seats is between 6000 and 6500 a week. 

To this already over supplied route Flybe are adding 70 seats per day, each way,  nearly another 1000 per week.

Something has to give. 

Probably one daily rotation to City.

Or perhaps EZY will cut fares to the bone and see off Flybe.

Or perhaps Flybe, aka Baby Virgin Mk2,  will capture enough connecting business traffic, with interlined bags, through tickets, etc. through Heathrow to make a go of it.

54 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

You realise there will be some level of government money behind this route? 

The Guernsey Government had to pay £825,000 to get a very similar set up down there. 

They'll get the standard free landings etc which are given to all new routes, but there will be more to it than that. 

Flybe/Virgin won't be doing this out of the kindness of their hearts!!

• Like 1