Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

6 hours ago, 2112 said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/heathrow-means-iom-is-one-stop-to-the-world/

The CEO of Flybe met with various MHKs and the civil servant who is supposed to run the airport. I don’t know which MHK tried to get in in the act? 

From a number of ex Flybe employees I know, she is apparently the singularly worst CEO the company has ever had !

55 minutes ago, asitis said:

From a number of ex Flybe employees I know, she is apparently the singularly worst CEO the company has ever had !

Indeed. From the article I posted above, one pilot's public post says it all:

Last year one pilot was so incensed by her failings that he emailed her saying: “Congratulations, in two years at Flybe you and your fellow incompetent cohorts have managed to totally destroy a viable airline which was making profits when you took over”

I haven't seen anything in the public domain yet but I wouldn't be surprised if the new company has forced all crew to sign up to new contracts. Given the parlous state of the airline sector I'm guessing that a significant number of them really don't have any choice in the matter. And that the cancellations earlier in the week were down to a number of crew that had failed to sign up in time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asitis said:

In a crowded field of competitors!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lxxx said:

Maybe she was a Branson agent sent in to drive the company down so they could sweep in and buy it for peanuts.

If so, it was a resounding success!

• 1 month later...

I messaged flybe. Response as follows

Hi John, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to advise that our Isle of Man to Heathrow route would only be available as part of our Summer schedule, so we will only be operating direct flights up until October 26th. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you. - Gabbi

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I messaged flybe. Response as follows

Hi John, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to advise that our Isle of Man to Heathrow route would only be available as part of our Summer schedule, so we will only be operating direct flights up until October 26th. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you. - Gabbi

I bet they want the slots for winter holidays - skiing etc.

44 minutes ago, asitis said:

As I said simply a holding operation until I think Delta want it for long haul !

The Guernsey direct LHR seems to have gone as well, even after £800k subsidy.