Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

4 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Devonlive.com reports that CEO Mark Anderson says that Flybe could stop flying between (domestic) airports where the journey could be made easily by train or car.

So as long as that argument doesn’t run to ferries, we are OK!

10 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Devonlive.com reports that CEO Mark Anderson says that Flybe could stop flying between (domestic) airports where the journey could be made easily by train or car.

So as long as that argument doesn’t run to ferries, we are OK!

Even if it does run to ferries you have nothing to worry about, the keyboard being easily!

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

When I first kicked this blog off I set up a Google News Alert, primarily to keep up-to-date on the financial situation with Flybe to see what, if any, effects there might be on IOM rotations. 

One type of alert that kept popping up on a more regular basis (at least once a week) was news on various operational incidents and (CAA) reports with Flybe flights. To be honest I was staggered at the number of reports in various regional newspapers.

I'm sure that Flybe are not alone with the type of incidents listed here but it does make you wonder how their aircraft actually manage to stay in the air and why there are so my cancellations and delays.

Edited by Andy Onchan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I'm sure that Flybe are not alone with the type of incidents listed here but it does make you wonder how their aircraft actually manage to stay in the air and why there are so my cancellations and delays.

Only two reported incidents involving IOM flights since 2011 (not counting the one in IOM air space) doesn't actually sound too bad. I suppose you'd have to know what the ratio of incidents-to-flights was, and what sort of ratio other airlines have, to know whether it's good, bad, or indifferent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

When I first kicked this blog off I set up a Google News Alert, primarily to keep up-to-date on the financial situation with Flybe to see what, if any, effects there might be on IOM rotations. 

One type of alert that kept popping up on a more regular basis (at least once a week) was news on various operational incidents and (CAA) reports with Flybe flights. To be honest I was staggered at the number of reports in various regional newspapers.

1 incident every 3 weeks over 12 months. What does that reduce to in terms of rate per take off/landing, miles flown, planes in fleet?

How does that compare to Stobart or other regional operators?

Is Flybe's maintenance under question or are the Q400s just crap anyway?

In more aviation news, the word on the street - or perhaps more pertinently, on the taxiway - is that the London City service operated by Loganair (for BA) will be dropping the Saab 2000 to be replaced by an ATR42. Won't affect me - I never use that route as the fares are extortionate.